PDA

View Full Version : Which room V&A?..Chef Table?

Bruegge
12-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Trying to get V&A on June 24th... need to make ressie next Saturday. 25th Anniversary.

Question: Basic Room...$125 Queen room...$210 Chef Table ...$210

Which has anyone done??

It's just DW and I. So while I love meeting my chef, how many others are at the chef table? Is it awkward at all?.

Any and all input would be great

Thanks Again

Scott

Scar
12-15-2013, 10:40 AM
From the WDW website re: Chef's Table...

Seating

Only one party per evening is seated. Table size can accommodate up to 10 people, but reservations can be made for parties as small as 2. Reservations are required and can be made up to 180 days in advance. Guests ages 10 and older are invited to dine at this establishment. Valet Parking available at no additional cost.

Sounds like it's only your party.

VWL Mom
12-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Admittedly I have never dined at V & A but imho for a special 25th anniversary dinner I would go with the Queen's Table because of the quiet intimate setting. I think the Chef's table is geared towards a larger group of foodie friends because when I think of romance I don't envision sitting in the kitchen with the chef.

Strmchsr
12-15-2013, 11:15 AM
My DW and DS are both foodies so I booked them into the Chef's Table last year for Mother's Day and they LOVED it. It's an amazing experience if you love food, cooking and are a little adventurous in what you eat. It is only the party that books, so it was only the 2 of them that night. I wouldn't consider it a romantic meal, but it's a ton of fun and one of the best experiences on Disney property, again if you enjoy cooking, watching the chefs, interacting with all of the chefs, etc. If you're looking for a more quiet, romantic meal the Queen's Table would be better.

Bruegge
12-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Great .... thanks for the info

Scott

eam
12-15-2013, 06:18 PM
I did it by myself one time several years ago. I had the wine pairings, and it was AWESOME. I hope to do it again someday.

Basket Mommy
12-15-2013, 11:06 PM
We did V&A chef's table for our 15th anniversary 2 years ago. I would do it again in a heartbeat. It was amazing.

When you book it, it's just your party.

Take your camera & don't be afraid to take pictures of everything. They have a special stool for cameras & are very accommodating & honored that you want to photograph their food. They also answer any questions you have!