PDA

View Full Version : Birthday dinner

Disney4us2
12-12-2013, 07:44 PM
I am looking for a nice restaurant for dinner for my (gulp) 60th birthday celebration.

It can be signature dining. Jessica thinks sushi would be great :thumbsup:. I am up for almost anything... except V&A. That is just too much out of my $$$ range. I am looking more for a dining experience and not really a character meal (although that is not out of the question).

I will be doing 2 dinners, one on my actual birthday and the following day.... also it is Easter week

Thanks for your input.:party:

NickD100
12-13-2013, 05:09 AM
Teppan Edo, Epcot-Japan!!!! Entertainment + friends/family + random strangers + Kirin Beer + chop sticks = fun birthday!!! Sushi appetizers are served there too!! And portion sizes are pretty good!!!

Liberty Tree Tavern, Magic Kingdom!!! It's good colonial food perfect for Easter week!!!! And it's all you can eat (dinner) served at the table. You get your money's worth!!!

Arielfan98
12-14-2013, 10:16 PM
I would HIGHLY recommend the Turf Club Bar and Grill. Please just put this into consideration after reading my reasons; most people shrug this place off and go for O'hana or Narcosses. But hear me out:

1. It's located at the Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa so you're of walking distance to Downtown Disney. You could take a bus or a boat there as well for an after dinner celebration.

2. The atmosphere is very pleasant and my waitress was very polite.

3. Since most people don't know about this place it won't be as crowded as say O'hana.

4. I ordered the steak and it came with lobster fondue (which was to die for :tasty:) and a vegetable. We ordered a grilled romaine salad for the appetizer and it was divine. For desert I had a HUGE apple crumble served warm with vanilla ice cream.

5. This place is nice and can be pricey but it is definitely not V & A prices.

So as you can see I would highly recommend it for a special event. And...

:birthday:

Janmac
12-16-2013, 04:20 PM
I had no bad dining experiences during my birthday week (also 60th) celebration in February. All good. :thumbsup:

1900 Park Fare for supper - great fun with Lady Tremaine and the Fairy Godmother. This was with the old menu, so I can't speak to the current food choices. And we have had great photos here recently.

Cape May Café for breakfast - Donald was so much fun, and our waiter was great. Had such a good time I can't remember the food.

Tokyo Dining, Japan, Epcot, for supper - awesome experience. Great food (salmon) and I got the niftiest little Origami crane. Wait staff was very attentive.

Tusker House character breakfast (sorry - forgot the name!) - very good time. Not quite as good as Cape May but perhaps because it's in the park.

Marrakesh Restaurant in Morocco, Epcot for supper - another great experience. Here I had only an appetizer I really like (seafood bastilla) followed by an equally great dessert. Skipped the entrée because I didn't want to be too full for the dessert (again, bastilla). The wait staff was so excited to be able to help celebrate my birthday. They couldn't have been more attentive.

If I had to chose between Tokyo Dining and Marrakesh, I don't know that I could. Both were above and beyond. 1900 Park Fare was fun but quite noisy. If you're looking for quieter, either of the two at Epcot might fill the bill. Thinking of it being Easter week, Marrakesh might be easier to get into.

Happy Birthday and I hope yours is as memorable as mine was. My sister and my cousin (also with me during the week) are looking forward to their 60th birthday celebrations at the World.

Jan

buzznwoodysmom
12-17-2013, 11:06 AM
I vote for Teppan Edo, the birthday guest usually gets a cool chef's hat!

My other vote is for California Grill. Great sushi, great location, and great experience if you time it with Wishes. There is just something special about watching Wishes from the observation deck.

Dulcee
12-17-2013, 11:27 AM
California Grill. Time it to walk out on the balcony and watch Wishes after.

Teppan edo is nice but not very different from your run of the mill hibachi restaurant.

JMTStone
12-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Make your reservation around Wishes and have a special fireworks viewing. I love their sushi too!

Disney4us2
12-18-2013, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the input.

I went with Teppan Edo for lunch and California Grill for dinner. I took an earlier time so no fireworks viewing. I can go back in by showing my recipt though.

Bruegge
12-20-2013, 01:09 PM
California Grill. Time it to walk out on the balcony and watch Wishes after.

Teppan edo is nice but not very different from your run of the mill hibachi restaurant.

It's been a couple years but that is exactly how we felt last visit

Happy Birthday