PDA

View Full Version : Nemo

marlyn
12-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Am I the only person who didn't like this show at AK? I went in 2007 and didn't enjoy it. I haven't been back.
I hear a lot of people saying how good it is and am wondering if it is worth a 2nd chance. Has it changed since 2007?
Am I alone?

T-Belle
12-11-2013, 06:35 AM
Me! My DD and I saw this and I tried to like it but just couldn't get into it. I am willing to give it another try. It may have been the atmosphere. We had waited in the hot July weather and when we did get in we were seated way in the back. It didn't help that we were seated close to a family with a very unhappy toddler who cried the whole time. But like I said, one day I'll give it another try.

Pirate Granny
12-11-2013, 07:35 AM
We love it and see every time we go....Crush is my favorite, song and All. Now, I could do without the Lion King.

WDW-fanatic
12-11-2013, 08:36 AM
I did not like it at all. I wanted to leave but decided to stick it out until the end. I don't think I will go back unless someone else in our group really wanted to see it.

Ms. Mode
12-11-2013, 12:01 PM
I talked my DH into it last year for the first time; I really only just can stand the movie but wanted to see the park production. I really really liked it; very different from the movie. My DH liked that he got a nice seat to take a nap in.

When we go next week I am trying to talk my DD into going; she is very anti-Nemo. :mickey:

PlutoPlanet
12-11-2013, 12:06 PM
We did not like it. The music is not that good. We wish they'd bring Tarzan back. Maybe after Newies or Mary Poppins close on Broadway they could replace Nemo with something from those shows.

AgentC
12-11-2013, 12:07 PM
My husband adores it but I am pretty lukewarm to it. I think for me it is because I am tired of the story. My son used to love Nemo and I have no idea how many times we have watched it but it is a lot. Since the show is essentially a shortened version of the movie , it doesn't do a lot for me. I do appreciate the puppetry and the music. It is a beautiful show.

JerseyDad
12-11-2013, 03:05 PM
....we kinda' like it. We saw it in "previews" while it was being developed ...and it was neat to see a working / tweaking dress rehearsal being staged. It was equally neat to see how some things were changed after our preview and before it hit the stage the next time we saw it with the general public.

....it's not the Festival of the Loin King ...but I'm okay with it.

Johnno52
12-11-2013, 03:11 PM
As mentioned in a previous Nemo thread I have seen it many times. I have enjoyed Nemo as well as the Lion King shows mainly due to the entertainers.
The entertainers are professional singers and dancers and do a great job at it. Many big name singers lip-sync their shows and this may also be done at WDW (or used as a back-up).
I have seen the shows enough times that not only have I noticed different cast members but also the voices are different.
If you get close enough you can see their lips in direct sync to the singing. I see it as a live show! For this I appreciate the performance instead of the pre-taped and video programs offered throughout the parks.

cer
12-11-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm a fan of Nemo. I also like the Festival of the Lion King.

I can pass on Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid, though.

Gator
12-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Keep on not liking it and make more room for my family! We love the show. The script is great, it's funny, and the music is really good,too. I'm a music lover at heart, and although I thought the Tarzan music was good and I miss it, the Nemo music is a lot better as far as being in a Broadway-type show. Plus, they enclosed it, so that's a lot better during the hot months (9 months of the year in FL).

marlyn
12-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Now, I could do without the Lion King.

:jaw: We have different tastes for sure!

TheVBs
12-12-2013, 08:18 AM
We saw it once, unfortunately from way in the back, but still really enjoyed it. Haven't felt the need to go back in the few trips we've had since then though. We may see it again someday, but it's not a must-do right now.

MargaretMessler
12-12-2013, 08:42 AM
I didn't hate it, but I preferred the Tarzan show which was there before. Also seems to fit a little bit more into the AK theme, in my opinion.

MrPeetrie
12-12-2013, 08:59 AM
I rate shows like this on how well their received by my children. They LOVE it, so I love it because I love seeing their eyes light up!

(That's why we go to Walt Disney World in the first place.)

marlyn
12-12-2013, 09:01 AM
I rate shows like this on how well their received by my children. They LOVE it, so I love it because I love seeing their eyes light up!

(That's why we go to Walt Disney World in the first place.)

Maybe that's the difference. My children are young adults. They didn't like it either. If they loves it I would probably think differently.

MrPeetrie
12-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Marilyn, I am going to enjoy every minute I can with my kids before it becomes "uncool" to be seen with mom and dad. I know it's coming and my heart will break when it happens. Until then, I'll see whatever they like. Except Captain EO again. I draw the line there.

marlyn
12-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Marilyn, I am going to enjoy every minute I can with my kids before it becomes "uncool" to be seen with mom and dad. I know it's coming and my heart will break when it happens. Until then, I'll see whatever they like. Except Captain EO again. I draw the line there.

If it makes you feel better, my boys are now 18. They are just as excited to go to WDW next August with me as they were when they were 8! They have never felt it "uncool" to go anywhere with me and I credit our many family trips with Disney for this.
As a matter of fact, they fly home from university this weekend and we plan on going to see Saving Mr Banks together when it comes out.....so keep doing what you're doing and it's possible that the day will never come when they won't want to hang out with you!:thumbsup:

MrPeetrie
12-13-2013, 09:28 PM
If it makes you feel better, my boys are now 18. They are just as excited to go to WDW next August with me as they were when they were 8! They have never felt it "uncool" to go anywhere with me and I credit our many family trips with Disney for this.
As a matter of fact, they fly home from university this weekend and we plan on going to see Saving Mr Banks together when it comes out.....so keep doing what you're doing and it's possible that the day will never come when they won't want to hang out with you!:thumbsup:

It does make me feel better. We are a very close family and I so enjoy our time together -- especially when it's at WDW!

Arielfan98
12-14-2013, 09:59 PM
Nope and I was a middle aged child in '07. I didn't enjoy it. There was one good song "Big Blue World" I think. Other than that I despise it more than ever for taking away my childhood Tarzan Rocks! If I'm not mistaken that was what was there before Nemo. Tarzan Rocks! was the best show at Disney and it was the highlight of my trip when I went as a little kid. I don't see how dancing puppets is better than rollerskating/acrobatic dancers!

#TarzanRocks!Forever

Lindsey310
12-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Am I the only person who didn't like this show at AK? I went in 2007 and didn't enjoy it. I haven't been back.
I hear a lot of people saying how good it is and am wondering if it is worth a 2nd chance. Has it changed since 2007?
Am I alone?

We do like it and have seen it a few times but it's not something we rush to every trip. I would actually be ok with not seeing it for a while. I do think its a great show with great talent but I get sick of shows. :secret::blush:

55 days!!!! :cloud9: