PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional

Disney-Nut
12-09-2013, 09:43 PM
I've never done the candlelight processional and i'm thinking id like to. Is it worth booking a dinner package or just wait in line and hope of getting to see it? Whats every ones take on it either way

mechanic
12-09-2013, 11:11 PM
I think dinner package is good idea. Saves a big chunk of your day, plus premium viewing for fireworks show.
Ir is an extra expense, if you are not of the Christian faith, you may not find it worthwhile.
I've heard a lot of folks just linger and watch from walkway.

JerseyDad
12-11-2013, 10:28 AM
I've never done the candlelight processional and i'm thinking id like to. Is it worth booking a dinner package or just wait in line and hope of getting to see it? Whats every ones take on it either way

....from what I've read ...here ....and in other WDW forums ...it almost seems that the dinner package is the ONLY was to be assured a seat.

KODABEAR
12-11-2013, 02:23 PM
:snowman::tree:We were there last week. People started lining up @ 1pm for the 5pm show. Very few got in to that show. The line with dinner package's was to the beginning of France and they were all gauranteed seating. The two later shows that night did let many more standby people in.

Gator
12-11-2013, 03:36 PM
It really depends on what day you're there. A lot of locals come out to see the show on Thursday, Friday, Sat and Sun. That's my experience, anyway. If you catch the show on those days, it might make sense to spend the extra money on dinner and guarantee the seat. Mon-Wed, you can probably get in line around 3:30 and catch the first or second show.

Jeff
12-11-2013, 04:33 PM
The show is great and worth the dinner package. It doesn't matter which package you choose, seats are all dictated by getting in line!

The show is very religiously themed, which I love! A few years ago we had a mom gather her family next to us up and leave while loudly proclaiming "I didn't know this was a God thing"! :confused:

mechanic
12-11-2013, 08:16 PM
A blog poster said he didn't mind the carols, but wished they would do a different story reading.

big blue and hairy
12-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Definitely do the dinner. If you want to save a little, do lunch and the 5pm show. We've done that the last few years and thoroughly enjoy it. The meal is the same, just lower priced for lunch. :santa:

:sulley:

JerseyDad
12-12-2013, 03:04 PM
The show is very religiously themed, which I love! A few years ago we had a mom gather her family next to us up and leave while loudly proclaiming "I didn't know this was a God thing"! :confused:

.....guess she needs to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas ....and specifically the portion where Linus gives the meaning of Christmas

....and why it's not called a 'holiday tree' :tree:

Gator
12-13-2013, 12:57 PM
A blog poster said he didn't mind the carols, but wished they would do a different story reading.

Didn't mind the carols? "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" would probably fit his point of view perfectly.

SurferStitch
12-16-2013, 11:58 AM
We saw people with dining packages lining up anywhere from 2-3 hours (or more) before their scheduled seating time. We didn't book the package. We're happy standing at the back and staying for as long as we want. We got amazing photos and video with our cameras, so it looks like we were in the front row!

We sat with a couple doing the package at Biergarten one night. Their meals cost about $20 more (per person) than ours, and they said they planned to stand in line as soon as they were done... which would be about 2 hours. We saw them later, and they were at least 300 people back in the line. I can't imagine how early the others got there! Seems like such a waste of time.

We were also told by a CM that roughly 3/4 of the seats were dining package seats.

Ian
12-16-2013, 01:29 PM
We did CP last week and used the dinner package. The line was long with the dinner package and the standby line was ridiculous.

I'd do dinner package or nothing if I was you.

DVCJohn
12-17-2013, 12:58 PM
I was at CP with the family on 12/9. We had the Dinner Package and the 8:15 showing. It was well worth the money. Just sorry that we did not do this sooner.

ransam
12-17-2013, 01:50 PM
This is really a beautiful show. If you haven't seen it, book the dinner, wait in line, whatever you have to do, go see it.

Dulcee
12-17-2013, 01:54 PM
We did it last year with the dinner package. We did the last showing and the line was still pretty extensive.

I thought it was beautiful and this was from a self described atheist. If your anti-religion or have no christian background it may not be for you...but like I said I'm not very religious at all and still found it very nice. We'd do it again.

Dulcee
12-17-2013, 01:57 PM
.....guess she needs to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas ....and specifically the portion where Linus gives the meaning of Christmas

....and why it's not called a 'holiday tree' :tree:

Mmm, I mean I can understand if you walk in expecting a secular Christmas celebration (as most of the WDW Christmas celebrations are) you could be rather put off. Not everyone who celebrates Christmas celebrates it with religious tidings.

MissMaryPoppins
12-29-2013, 10:33 PM
I went for the first time last week and had the dinner package. It worked out very well and the show was fantastic. We had dinner around 4:30 and saw the 8:15 show. When we went to line up for the show, the line of people with the dinner package was very long but we were all seated. In fact, my sister in law and I slipped out of line for a bathroom run and to get waters. By the time we returned my brother was standing outside of the theater waiting for us while everyone else in our party went to grab seats. The package is so worth it.

TinkerbellT421
12-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Dinner package unless you want to potentially wait 3-6 hours standing in line. When we went last year, people started lining up at 1pm; we talked to someone, they were at the very end of that line, hoping to get in for the 5pm show, they missed it and ended up having to wait more hours for the next show, but they were first in line for that one....I'm all set with that kind of waste of time lol. We got the package and like Ian said, even the dinner package line was long but you are at least guaranteed a seat.

SurferStitch
12-31-2013, 01:09 PM
I can see if you absolutely have to have a seat for the show, then sure, the dinner package is the way to go. I did see some very unhappy package guests, though, who got plunked right behind the trees in the seating area when cast members made people tighten up and squeeze together. Pay more for dinner, wait several hours in line, and get to stare at a tree trunk. It wasn't surprising to see them get up and leave (saw this at each show).

But, it's so nice walking up a few minutes before it starts, getting a GREAT view of everything, and being able to walk away when you want. We watched one entire show (Ashley Judd), and parts of others (Whoopi Goldberg, Sigourney Weaver and Dennis Haysbert).

If the singers can stand the entire time, I guess DH and I can, too! At least we weren't taking up two seats for others who wanted/needed them. :thumbsup: