PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

disney obsessed
12-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Thank you so much for everyones support. My mom passed away this morning. I believe she is in a better place where there is no pain.

I would like to share her story. It is inspirational.

Mom was born in 1927 in the Ukraine. You might remember that the ukraine suffered a great famine. She talked about being 5 and searching the woods for things to eat. She was a wealth of knowledge. She knew more about flora and fauna than anyone. I am very lucky that she passed this passion for nature on to me. We walked through the meadows and woods almost every day that the weather allowed. She would tell me, "this is this and that is that". I love that scene in the Little Mermaid. It always reminds me of mom. She also talked about being 7 and walking about a mile to do some chores for a neighbor so she could milk their cow to bring it home for her little brother.
At the age of 12 she was taken from her family by the Nazis, put on a train full of other children and sent to a concentration camp. She was transfered to work with a family whose father was an officer. She says that they were kind and bought her shoes. But she still was their 'endentured help."
She met dad after the war. He was an american, in the army. His parents were both from the Ukraine and he spoke the language. They married in Saltzberg, Austria. After coming to the states they bought a farm in 1951. Dad died
In 1962. She never remarried. My brother joined the marines and both my sister and I went to college. I also went to grad school. We learned from her that it is important to persevier. You need to make the best of life and it is up to you to make it happen. Always cook enough to feed an army and take good care of your children. They are your most precious gift.
She was the best mom in the world.

Thank you for reading.

Melanie
12-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Wow! Your mom did have an incredible life and story. Thanks for sharing and my condolences to you and your family.

badkitty
12-03-2013, 04:52 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Your mom sounds amazing. You are so blessed to have had such a wonderful person in your life. May the memories you have of your mother comfort you.

VWL Mom
12-03-2013, 04:52 PM
My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Your post is a nice tribute to your mom, thanks for sharing.

clausjo
12-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Thank you for sharing your mom's wonderful story; what a wonderful way to pay tribute to her memory.

mickclub1955
12-03-2013, 05:24 PM
She was a part of the greatest generation. They had so much to deal with that we do not today. I know by your post that you learned so much from her. If you haven't already and if she didn't, please write things down that she taught you or told you about and pass them down. It will be a treasure for your children and theirs. I am so sorry for your loss.

hoop de do
12-03-2013, 05:43 PM
My condolences to you and yours.
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story.
Your Mom was a very special person.

MNNHFLTX
12-03-2013, 05:47 PM
There is a quote I latched onto after my own mother passed away 16 years ago--"She gave me love, as well as life; so whatever goodness I may bring to Earth began with the gift of my mother's heart."

Your mother truly gave her children the gift of her heart and I thank you for sharing her story with us. Even though she is at peace now I can imagine the void you are feeling and I am so very sorry. :(

Mickey'sGirl
12-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Thank you for sharing your Mom's story. She sounds like an incredible lady. My thoughts are with you and your family.

vicster
12-03-2013, 06:44 PM
Thank you for your heart felt story. I know you will miss her terribly but you have these wonderful memories of her. She definitely sounds like a wonderful mother and you will cherish that forever.

faline
12-03-2013, 07:00 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for sharing your mother's history with us. She clearly was a woman who endured much hardship in her life and persevered throughout it all.

Disney4us2
12-03-2013, 07:22 PM
I am sorry for your loss. You are right though, she is free from pain. Thank you for sharing her life's journey. She was an amazing woman.

SBETigg
12-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Your mom sounds like someone I would have loved to get to know. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on her. You honor her. I'm sorry that you're missing her now. Condolences to your family.

T-Belle
12-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Wow! What an incredible life your Mom had!! Thank you for sharing that with us. My deepest condolences.

disney obsessed
12-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Thank you all.

Beth, i love that quote. I totally agree. She gave me her whole heart. I feel it every day. I see it in my chidren. We are blessed.

MizMissy
12-04-2013, 08:44 AM
A beautiful and inspirational story about a life worth living.

My sincere condolences for your loss.

Tink1
12-04-2013, 08:57 AM
WOW! what an amazing woman. I am so sorry for your loss.

Nanc

disneymom15
12-04-2013, 09:20 AM
So sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your mothers story.

paymerich
12-04-2013, 09:31 AM
May her love and kindness live on forever through you and yours.

cer
12-04-2013, 10:29 AM
What a lovely life. So very thankful that you all were spared many days of suffering.

Thank you for sharing her story with us.

missymouseworld
12-04-2013, 12:38 PM
A touching story.....sorry for your loss.

princessgirls
12-04-2013, 01:25 PM
No more sorrow no more pain!

Your mom is free and rejoicing in heaven with your Dad!

What a legacy your mom left to you. She truly was an amazing woman, survivor, and fighter!
May God bless you all at this time!
Julie:mickey:

Christine
12-05-2013, 01:14 AM
Thank you so much for sharing her story! A beautiful tribute!!