PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Today from runDisney

Melanie
12-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Looks like there's a new race about to be announced - maybe a west coast addition? We'll find out soon!

Christine
12-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Not a new race announced, yet :secret: , but restructuring of an existing - TinkerBell is being themed more dominantly for women and moved to Mother's Day weekend starting 2015

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/12/tinker-bell-half-marathon-weekend-and-rundisney-on-the-move-at-disneyland-resort/

This allows room for more themed races and more times to have new races!

Although the feedback so far is horrible! Lots of disappointed folks.

badkitty
12-03-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm shocked by all the negative feedback. I would think folks would like this. I know I like the idea of a DLR race in May. It is really hard for me with the WDW Marathon weekend and Tinkbell right next to each other in January and then Princess in February.

Melanie
12-03-2013, 05:38 PM
'In May' is great. Mother's Day weekend....not so much.

badkitty
12-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Very true.

BrerGnat
12-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Mother's Day is traditionally a very slow day at Disneyland. I guess they wanted to "fix" that. I am not a fan of holding a race on Mother's Day.

Lacy
12-03-2013, 10:26 PM
I think some of the negative feedback is that they announced this like it would be something really exciting as opposed to just a new weekend.

I'm glad I'm doing Tink this year. And I don't mind a race on Mother's Day in the future but wish they wouldn't have hyped it like it was a big announcement. I would think this would have been fine as an announcement at the race in January but I guess people would probably be upset by that as well. I will be curious to see if this does free up more time early in the year to hold a new event at DL.