PDA

View Full Version : How do I remember FP+ times?

Pocahontas
12-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Just wondering how I will remember my FP times I've scheduled? Will I have to keep checking my phone? And if that is how I will need to do it, what about people without smart phones?

Mickey'sGirl
12-02-2013, 01:26 PM
I keep a little notebook with all the times and confirmation numbers and such. I write all of the info for each day on a separate page. I tear out the day's page on my way out each morning, and slip it into my wallet for easy reference. (Being Canadian, I do not use a Smart phone at WDW either).

WiltonJohn
12-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Another little "annoyance" factor that the change from paper FP to MagicBands has (hopefully) inadvertantly added. I printed out the pages from My Disney Experience and had them with me in the park.

But I was not doing any changing of FP+ times while there. If so... if you don't have a printer along with you, you might have to use the concierge desk to print it out for you.

best,

...............john

gerald72
12-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Another check against FP+.

WiltonJohn
12-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Another check against FP+.

I hadn't thought of it until it was brought up here.... because I didn't try to change anything. I could have just hand written it down, but that is one of those little things that in today's world.. .... you really don't expect to have to do.

I know....... MagicBands with PRINTERS in them! :secret:

best,

...............john

buzznwoodysmom
12-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Paper and pen. Type it in "notes" on your phone. Take a photo of times or changes. Print it.from home.

We were just in Disney, used FP+, and didn't have any issues keeping track of my Times. I typed everything up in my phones notes. The one day I had to change a time I took a photo of the screen showing the new time in the park. It really was a non issue.

ginny57
12-02-2013, 04:12 PM
I believe there are kiosks in the parks where you can look up your choices.

Kenny1113
12-02-2013, 04:40 PM
I took a screen shot photo of the times with my phone. The app just took waaayyyy to long.

Buttercup
12-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Maybe one day magic bands will have a little alarm and LCD screen to say "your fastpass for Space Mountain is ready" !
Dare to dream!

MrPeetrie
12-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Maybe one day magic bands will have a little alarm and LCD screen to say "your fastpass for Space Mountain is ready" !
Dare to dream!

Do you receive a "pop-up" reminder on your smartphone?

buzznwoodysmom
12-05-2013, 05:52 PM

I didn't receive any reminders on my smartphone.

MrPeetrie
12-05-2013, 10:58 PM
That would be a nice feature if the DME Web Site gave you a "pop-up" message, or linked to your phone's Calendar program for a reminder.

I bring a tiny notebook each year with all my ADRs (and confirmation numbers), plane info, parking info, reservation numbers, ticket confirmation numbers, etc. Since I'll be booking my FPs in advance, I'll probably include them in my little book, too.

gerald72
12-18-2013, 06:46 AM
Dare to dream!

That would be great. It's what I was thinking, too.
I can remember one dining reservation. FP on top of that is too much to remember. I am not carrying around notebooks.

marlyn
12-18-2013, 08:56 AM
(Being Canadian, I do not use a Smart phone at WDW either).

I use my iPhone. I just turn off my data roaming so that I can still use my wifi without international charges.

Ian
12-18-2013, 11:40 AM
This was a major source of irritation for us last week. We were constantly going, "What time is our Fastpass again? Where is it?" and having to pull up the dreadfully slow and unreliable app to check.

Reminders and alerts are a core functionality element of any mobile app (and I say this as someone who builds apps for a living) and its exclusion from this app is just another example of how poorly thought out and planned this entire program was.

SurferStitch
12-19-2013, 11:18 AM
I took a screen shot photo of the times with my phone. The app just took waaayyyy to long.

We did the same thing!

App was slow, when it would connect. So many times (at least 60% of the time) we got a popup saying there was a "blip" with the system, and we couldn't connect. Never had the issue before we left home to go to WDW... just while we were on property.

SurferStitch
12-19-2013, 11:20 AM

I kept saying to DH... "Why don't they make this sync with the calendar on our iPhones, or better yet, give a popup?? That would be perfect!!

Ian
12-19-2013, 12:40 PM
So many times (at least 60% of the time) we got a popup saying there was a "blip" with the system, and we couldn't connect.OMG that "blip" error message was seriously about to drive me to drink. First off it's terrible wording anyway and secondly it happened far too often.

acetate
12-20-2013, 12:56 AM
I'm glad this was brought up. It's really a terrible idea. There is no way to even know your return time if you don't bring a smart phone or tablet. We didn't bring either for 2 reasons. One because we were on vacation and two, no one said anything about it. Suffice it to say we had a terrible time trying to use fast pass. Thanks for nothing Disney.

ransam
12-20-2013, 01:20 AM
this is another thing that makes the new FP an issue.

lindique
12-20-2013, 06:45 PM
I made an elaborate spreadsheet that I carried around with me and updated when I changed a couple of fastpasses. It worked, but it's not relaxing knowing you constantly have to be checking your itinerary!