PDA

View Full Version : Brown Derby Rave!

garymacd
12-01-2013, 07:40 PM
WE just returned from a group honeymoon for our daughter and new son-in-law. there were only 23 of us down there and a good time was had by all.

Since we had such a large group we were told by Disney Dining Reservations to contact Brown Derby, Tutto Italia and Be Our Guest directly.

We received a confirmation number from BOG but not from BD and TI. I thought it was odd, but what do I know?

When we arrived for our late lunch/early dinner at BD, they had no record of our reservation. Obviously, I was a bit concerned. We had also pre-booked reservations for Fantasmic that night. Now how was I going to get 23 people fed and where were we going to get our passes for Fantasmic?

We spoke with the manager (Jill) who initially had this deer-in-the-headlights look. She could not understand why I was not given a confirmation number. Neither could I. And with the restaurant near capacity, she did not know how she was going to accommodate such a large group.

As it turned out, we were seated only a short time after our original time, all in the same area and had a great time with great food and drink - and got our passes for Fantasmic.

Woo hoo!

disneymom15
12-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Wow, how nice was that. Glad it worked out for your group.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-02-2013, 08:45 AM
I am so glad it all worked out! I can imagine the panic that you must have been feeling as they couldn't find your reservation.

VWL Mom
12-02-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm glad everything worked out, kudos to Jill and the BD for taking the extra step to accommodate your group.

faline
12-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Whew!! Glad to hear there is still magic left in Disney World!!