PDA

View Full Version : Refund for MVMCP Ticket?

tinkman
12-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Just wondering if anyone ever had any luck getting a refund on a party ticket? Mom broke 5 ribs 2 days after we purchased our tickets and now she is not able to go. Just looking to get reimbursed for her ticket.

Christine
12-01-2013, 10:15 AM
I don't think you're going to have much luck on that. But, I also must say that I've had things happen to me at WDW that I never expected or dreamed possible, just because I had the right cm. it doesn't hurt to ask- I'd recommend going to a manager.

Sorry about her injury. :(

Melanie
12-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Christine is right. I'd consider yourself very lucky if you did get a refund. :(

Hope your mother feels better soon!

Goes4FastPass
12-01-2013, 12:42 PM
I'd recommend making the refund appeal at a guest services window outside of the MK entrance as early as you can once you get to WDW.

buzznwoodysmom
12-01-2013, 01:14 PM
We did get a refund on one of 6 tickets way back in 2004.

After we purchased the tickets DH realized he would have to meet us in Disney two days into the trip because of a Military obligation. I called Disney, explained the situation, and they allowed me to mail the ticket back with a letter explaining why I was returning it. I think they gave me some sort of verification code to include in the letter. When they received the ticket I was credited the one ticket back to the card I made the initial purchase with.

They were extremely understanding. Good luck!

MrPeetrie
12-01-2013, 07:26 PM
We were there for Christmas back in 2002. My SIL got ill and fainted in her room. They took her to the hospital on property and her mom went with her. (It was nothing serious. Malnutrition, combined with a slight cold and travel. And she's a bit of a drama queen. She's the only person I know who has fainted at least 20 times, but is always in control on the way down. But I digress.)

I went to the desk and said, "The young lady who just left on a stretcher in my sister-in-law. We have tickets for the MVMCP tonight, but clearly two cannot attend. Can anything be done?" He asked if we had a card on file, which we did. He then issued us a room credit equal to the ticket value, but we had to use it as merchandise purchases.

I thought that was fair.

Pirate Granny
12-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Can't remember why we had an extra ticket, but we walked up and gave one away to someone standing on line to purchase tickets. Big smile...

1DisneyNut
12-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Can't remember why we had an extra ticket, but we walked up and gave one away to someone standing on line to purchase tickets. Big smile...

I like this^^^^

If you can't get a refund, give the ticket to a young child standing in line with their parents for tickets that night. It will be a magical memory they will never forget.

We do this with fastpasses we decide not to use and it always makes people very happy.

mom2morgan
12-02-2013, 04:01 PM
are they transferable? Might be able to sell them...

tinkman
12-03-2013, 06:06 AM
You know what? I really like the idea of just giving it away. That's what I'm gonna do.

cer
12-03-2013, 08:13 AM
You know what? I really like the idea of just giving it away. That's what I'm gonna do.

I think that is super.

Random act of kindness. It will bless both the recipient AND the giver.

I am so excited for you! :)

buzznwoodysmom
12-03-2013, 09:11 AM

Awesome!!!

LadyGrimm
12-03-2013, 02:05 PM

That's the Disney spirit!! Good for you!

TinkerbellT421
12-30-2013, 06:16 PM

A "pay it forward" act of kindness! Love that you decided to do that.

Please tell us how and what happened!

Mrs Bus Driver
12-31-2013, 08:12 AM

Did this once on a trip to Universal CA. I had 2 tickets for DH and DS as they didn't make the trip and the tickets were non-refundable it was either give them away or throw them out. I made a mother and son very happy that day and at least someone got to use the tickets. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-31-2013, 09:26 AM
That's an awesome idea:cloud9: