PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 question. Help Please!

Mr. Brass Bonanza
11-30-2013, 11:11 AM
We're thinking of getting the XBOX 360 for the kids for Christmas, since it is less expensive now with ONE out. I have a question about the 4 gig vs. 25 gig. There is a significant difference in price here. My first question is how does this compare to the memory in the original Wii? That is what the kids have now and we have never had a problem with the amount of memory, although I know you can expand it with a card.

That leads to my second question. If we did run into a memory problem with the 4 gig XBOX 360, could we expand the memory in that as well?

THANK YOU!!!

Strmchsr
11-30-2013, 12:17 PM
I would definitely recommend the PS3 over the 360 having owned both. Way better graphics, blu-ray built in, better exclusives, the Playstation Network is free where you have to pay on Xbox, etc.

That said, the memory can make a significant difference. You can certainly play just fine with either. The issue comes with either having to constantly clean off your hard drive as you get new games or if you download games. If you never download games and only use physical media and don't mind cleaning the hard drive then it's not a big deal. Plus, I'm fairly sure that's flash memory, which holds a little more than standard memory.

VWL Mom
11-30-2013, 12:49 PM
Had to go to the in house experts on this one and was told not to waste your money on the 4GB but to get the 250GB (but of course) if they're going to be playing online. The 4GB can be expanded down the road by adding a hard drive but that runs $100-$150 and is bulky and you can't be sure how much longer that will be available. The 4GB has about the same as the original Wii but there are no memory card slots.

DS18 got the Xbox One as a preChristmas gift on the release date. Quite impressive system, I'm now trying to get hold of another one for DS22. I should have just gotten them both when I preordered in June but of course he didn't want one then. :(

Donald
11-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Go with the larger memory.

Kenny1113
11-30-2013, 07:22 PM
My kids 12 and 9 have the 4gb and have not had an issue with not enough memory. That said they do not download a lot of games. They have added a flash drive to it (not sure if this actually helps or not).

BrerGnat
11-30-2013, 07:54 PM
How old are your kids and what kind of games do they play?

russ57
11-30-2013, 08:19 PM
I purchased the 4gb version, with kinnect. Use amazon for a hard drive, I spent about $ 65 , :number1:it just slipped right into the case, also use amazon for accessories, they are the best price.