PDA

View Full Version : Sinbad's Storybook Voyage

tiggerbuddy
11-29-2013, 08:35 AM
A friend of mine just returned from Japan and visited "Disneysea" ..he went on a ride called "Sinbad's Storybook Voyage"...He described how wonderful it was and said how it beats anything in the States...Just saw the Youtube video...WOW

Melanie
11-29-2013, 08:48 AM
Sinbad's is definitely cute, but nothing spectacular. It's a dark boat ride along the lines of Pirates or Small World. In my opinion, there are many other rides/attractions there that blow away anything stateside (for example, Pooh's Hunny Hunt).

tiggerbuddy
11-29-2013, 08:53 AM
Now I REALLY want to go see Tokyo Disney...

there are many other rides/attractions there that blow away anything stateside (for example, Pooh's Hunny Hunt). :mickey:

Main Street Jim
11-29-2013, 10:06 AM
The Tokyo parks are not run by Disney; they're run by Oriental Land Co. They just "lease" the Disney brand and properties from TWDC.

Their parks over there are *so* much more well taken care of and maintained, so much cleaner than the U.S. parks.

tiggerbuddy
11-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Has anybody out there actually been to Tokyo ? Looks like they invest a lot more time/energy/money on the rides...many more animatronics and more life-like movements...

Melanie
11-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Yes, I've been three times. Tokyo DisneySea is INCREDIBLE. Blows away anything we have here stateside. The first time we walked through the gates, we all stood there for 5 minutes with our jaws dropped. It's THAT beautiful. The Imagineers have a much bigger budget to work with there via the Oriental Land Company, and boy does it show. I want to go back so bad!

The Horned King
11-30-2013, 05:28 AM
AsMelanie said, the tokyo parks are just beautiful. Disney Sea especially. Quite like there twist on the tower of terror aswell. They just need to bring mystic manor in and the park would be perfect! :mickey:

tiggerbuddy
11-30-2013, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the great info..Sure hope to get there someday:mickey:

tiggerbuddy
01-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Is DisneySea at Tokyo Disneyland or is it a separate park/place ?

Thanks,

tiggerbuddy
01-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Is DisneySea at Tokyo Disneyland or is it located in a separate park/place ?

Thx,

Melanie
01-05-2014, 01:45 PM
There are 2 parks at the Tokyo Disney Resort - Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. :)

Crow
01-06-2014, 03:03 AM
I would love to go to Tokyo. and see how it compares

tiggerbuddy
01-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Me too !!!:mickey:

Gator
01-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Just watched it. Looks like a suped up It's a Small World. I guess the biggest problem is that I can't understand a thing they're saying!:D

jclightchasr
01-16-2014, 12:36 PM
I have always placed WDW on such a pedestal. Wow what a ride, I watched the youtube video and was thinking at first the ride had similarities to Rio El Tiempo. But the animatronics are so elaborate and the ride has so many scenes. Its like POTC meets, Maelstrom meets Spaceship Earth (before they hacked up the finale). I would love to see this park someday!

Melanie
01-16-2014, 01:15 PM
I have always placed WDW on such a pedestal. Wow what a ride, I watched the youtube video and was thinking at first the ride had similarities to Rio El Tiempo. But the animatronics are so elaborate and the ride has so many scenes. Its like POTC meets, Maelstrom meets Spaceship Earth (before they hacked up the finale). I would love to see this park someday!

If you are that impressed with Sinbad, you'd be BLOWN AWAY by the rest of the park. I liked Sinbad, but it wasn't my favorite by far.

tiggerbuddy
01-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Hmmm...Just found this comment on the Youtube video:

that is not true. It's not imagineers that keep rides like this from coming into the states, it's the Disney's corporate arms that don't want to pay for them. I'm sure the imagineers would love to do Disney-sea scale stuff in the US if Disney would build it, but the Oriental Land Company is willing to pay more than Disney is. :mickey:

Melanie
01-18-2014, 02:09 PM
Hmmm...Just found this comment on the Youtube video:

that is not true. It's not imagineers that keep rides like this from coming into the states, it's the Disney's corporate arms that don't want to pay for them. I'm sure the imagineers would love to do Disney-sea scale stuff in the US if Disney would build it, but the Oriental Land Company is willing to pay more than Disney is. :mickey:

This is absolutely true. Money from the OLC is much more free flowing than what the domestic parks get.

LandFan
01-23-2014, 08:16 PM
I really want to go to Tokyo now! Never wanted to before, lol.