PDA

View Full Version : Just check Park Hours for Dec 4 - 11 -- Changes!!

PopPhan
11-26-2013, 11:40 AM
Just double checking the park hours for my upcoming trip and noticed some, to me, pretty significant changes to the park hours for Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.

Saturday Dec. 7 - MK now opens at 8am and is open until 1am WITHOUT evening EMH.

Monday Dec. 9 - MK open until 1am INCLUDING 2 hour evening EMH.

Longer hours for Animal Kingdom Wednesday thru Sunday -- Wed/Thurs +1 hour (6pm close); Fri - Sun +2 hours (7pm close)

DHS has also added 1 hour to closing time for Dec. 7 (9pm close) as well.

There are also changes to the MSEP, and Fantasmic! schedules.

Anyone visiting in this time frame may want to check the park hours calendars, just in case.

Ms. Mode
11-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Don't they normally extend the hours when they expect big crowds?

Strmchsr
11-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Don't they normally extend the hours when they expect big crowds?

Yep. Happens all the time, which is why the advice to constantly check park hours is a good one. Crowds have been way above normal since the first of October and it looks like they will continue that way through December.

Ms. Mode
11-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Yep. Happens all the time, which is why the advice to constantly check park hours is a good one. Crowds have been way above normal since the first of October and it looks like they will continue that way through December.

In this case I'm afraid we will be a part of the crowd! Trip is mid-December. :blush:

CanadianWDWFan
11-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Just checked for our trip and found that the times have changed for the week before Christmas as well. MK is open until 3am one night!! Our kids are already planning to spend the night there.:D

Thanks for the heads up!:thumbsup:

Altair
11-26-2013, 07:01 PM
So I planned just three weeks out and now don't really need park hoppers due to hour changes and shows added. How are people supposed to plan six months out with the new system? :confused:

SurferStitch
11-27-2013, 11:43 AM
Looks like we're part of the huge crowds, too. Bummer.

Oh well, at least I'm in Disney World. :thumbsup:

PopPhan
11-27-2013, 01:02 PM
So I planned just three weeks out and now don't really need park hoppers due to hour changes and shows added. How are people supposed to plan six months out with the new system? :confused:

This really hasn't changed. They have always been very 'soft' about park hours. Depending upon expected crowds, hours can, and will, be lengthened or shortened. You still need to plan based on historic park hours, or what is originally scheduled.

Katzateer
11-28-2013, 11:39 AM
This really hasn't changed. They have always been very 'soft' about park hours. Depending upon expected crowds, hours can, and will, be lengthened or shortened. You still need to plan based on historic park hours, or what is originally scheduled.

I have seen the hours change when we are already AT WDW. One time it was to our disadvantage - MK closed a few hours earlier than listed a few days before due to a corporate event.