PDA

View Full Version : Wishes dessert party = time at MVMCP?

LoriSan
11-25-2013, 09:13 PM
I have reservations for the Wishes dessert party, and just realized today that the park closes at 7 that day, due to the party. I'm assuming that I will be able to stay in the park until the dessert party starts at 8:30? I hoping so, as I've been to the party before and honestly wasn't that impressed, but DH hasn't and would love the snow and parade.

MickeysBestPal
11-25-2013, 09:43 PM
I have reservations for the Wishes dessert party, and just realized today that the park closes at 7 that day, due to the party. I'm assuming that I will be able to stay in the park until the dessert party starts at 8:30? I hoping so, as I've been to the party before and honestly wasn't that impressed, but DH hasn't and would love the snow and parade.

Sorry, but the Dessert Party during MVMCP requires admission to the party in order to stay in MK.

PopPhan
11-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Sorry, but the Dessert Party during MVMCP requires admission to the party in order to stay in MK.

WOW!! Maybe they should tell people that before they allow them to book the WDP!!!!

MickeysBestPal
11-26-2013, 10:15 AM
WOW!! Maybe they should tell people that before they allow them to book the WDP!!!!

It's akin to making an ADR at, say, Epcot without having a valid ticket to get into Epcot.

However, in THIS case the CM should have POINTEDLY asked you if you had party tickets.

Sorry for the mess.

LoriSan
11-26-2013, 10:32 AM
I called Disney Dining and was told the same thing. That makes me really angry. They gave me the "park admission is required" line, but not that a ticket to the MVMCP was required. Now I have all my other reservations already booked up. :mad: AND that had I not discovered this myself, I would be out the price of the dessert party

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-26-2013, 11:08 AM
This is one of the frustrating parts. No where when you're booking does it tell you that it is a party night, so you have to check that yourself (and think to check ... a lot of people wouldn't even consider that they couldn't attend the part they booked!)

But, a party ticket is required, and I'm sorry you're going to have to try and find another reservation for another night.

Polynesian Dweller
11-26-2013, 11:22 AM
I called Disney Dining and was told the same thing. That makes me really angry. They gave me the "park admission is required" line, but not that a ticket to the MVMCP was required. Now I have all my other reservations already booked up. :mad: AND that had I not discovered this myself, I would be out the price of the dessert party

Valid park admission means the ticket that is required to be in the park at that time. At that time, the only valid park admission is the MVMCP ticket and that is very clear. Anyone without an MVMCP ticket can't be there after 7:00 pm. Very clear, and nothing new about that.