PDA

View Full Version : Just got back - our dining reviews!

Ksmith75
11-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Hello all...here are some reviews on our Table Service Dining...we were there from Sat Nov 16 and checked out Sat Nov 23. (it was my mil and fil 50th wedding anniversary trip):mickey:

Portabello's - The food was really good. (This is the only one that I was disappointed with - service wise). Our waiter came to the table and was nice as pie, then I told him all 6 of us were on the dining plan and his tune changed....he said "ok, I will be back" (he had to get the mickey rfid thing). We were there for 2 hours 35 minutes, from the time we sat, got drinks, dinner and dessert....needless to say, we wont be back. He seemed annoyed....

Coral Reef - very good food - i had the lobster -pasta, and others had the mahi mahi or steak, all great reviews. Our server was very nice and kind as well.

Boatwrights (Favorite resort) - dinner was great, (I had jambalaya and shrimp and grits - others had the fish or prime rib) good food and service (only problem was the waitress messed up our dining plan charges...but the Concierge at the POP corrected it )

Spirit of Aloha - it was great, amazing food and show - my in-laws really loved it.

Biergarten -Fun, Fun, Fun. They anounced my in-laws 50th anniversary, it was great....good food and our waitress Shirley was so great!!

Last but not least 50's Prime Time - Best night ever. Our waiter Mikey was so funny. My uncle changed his drink order from water to a cherry coke, so Mikey brought him 6 different drinks, and my uncle did not eat his green beans, so he got them back for dessert with whipped cream! Mikey had a great rapport with my in-laws too...had them laughing the whole time. Good food too...

yjgirl32
11-25-2013, 04:44 PM
I love 50's Prime Time. Great times.

texas211
11-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Love boatrights. Have never had a bad meal.

Ms. Mode
11-26-2013, 02:15 PM
My DH and I went to Porabello's for the first time last October. The food was EXCELLENT, however, you are correct that the service is a bit slow, slow, slow. But, I think we will go back because the food was just so good. Next time we will give ourselve plenty of time.

Thanks for the review! :thumbsup:

Jen1984
11-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Good to hear the Boatwright's is good (we may be going in March)

Love the story about your uncle!

TheVBs
11-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Great reviews, thanks! 50's Prime Time is on our list to try on the next trip.

#1donaldfan
11-29-2013, 11:54 AM
Good to hear the Boatwright's is good (we may be going in March)

Love the story about your uncle!

Boatwrights is always great !! They used to serve breakfast and it was the best breakfast of any Disney eatery !!! BEST !! Dinner is very much "home cookin'" taste and the atmosphere is incredible !!! :mickey:

mickclub1955
11-29-2013, 12:18 PM
Boatwrights is always great !! They used to serve breakfast and it was the best breakfast of any Disney eatery !!! BEST !! Dinner is very much "home cookin'" taste and the atmosphere is incredible !!! :mickey:

Boatwright's doesn't serve breakfast anymore:confused:!!!!!! We loved the breakfast there.:mad:

VacationDisney
11-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Good reviews. Thanks.

NJGIRL
11-29-2013, 08:24 PM
We ate at the Portabella years ago and really enjoyed it. Haven't been back since, it just has never fit into our plans. :(

We like the Prime Time also but the kids love the SciFi so we don't go often.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the reviews

Nekochan
12-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Isn't it kind of creepy to eat seafood at the coral reef with all those fish watching you? :D

Lindsey310
12-02-2013, 05:51 PM
Haven't tried 50's prime time in years! Since I was a kid but your review makes me want to try it again! :mickey:

68 days!!!! :cloud9:

Gator
12-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Isn't it kind of creepy to eat seafood at the coral reef with all those fish watching you? :D

I think the same thing whenever I order ribs at tha Animal Kingdom. Not that it would ever make me go vegetarian:D

Jennib
01-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Sounds great. Thanks for the reviews