PDA

View Full Version : Online survey from Disney regarding FP+

DisneyBarb
11-25-2013, 12:52 PM
I received a survey from Disney regarding Magic Bands, but really focusing on FP+. I don't know if I received this because I wrote a letter complaning about FP+ or it is going to all recent resort guests that participated. Any other recent visitors get this? I returned less then a week ago and wrote the letter over the weekend. Maybe with enough "constructive criticism" we can create a change.

Tekneek
11-25-2013, 01:02 PM
I received it as well.

disneymom15
11-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Can you elaborate on the questions.

Kenny1113
11-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Hmm. We got back one week ago as well and have not recieved one. :(

MickeyFig
11-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Yes - I received one today - just returned from WDW on Saturday. Lots of questions about ease of use - and FastPass+. Also touched on knowledge of hotel and park cast members.

DisneyBarb
11-25-2013, 05:53 PM
Can you elaborate on the questions.

A sample below, there is a page about before and during your trip, this page ask you to check all that apply and comments. There are plenty of room for comments during parts of it which I like. I haven't finished yet, but will post any other things I see interesting.

A technical problem with the My Disney Experience website or app (received an 'error' screen, page wouldn't load, etc.)

I didn't know how to select Disney FastPass+ experiences based on the information I received
An attraction I wanted to select wasn't available

The time I wanted to select for an attraction wasn't available

I wanted to make more Disney FastPass+ selections each day than the system would allow me to make

I wanted to make fewer Disney FastPass+ selections each day than the system would allow me to make

I wanted to make Disney FastPass+ selections in more than one park per day

I couldn't delete a Disney FastPass+ selection

I was able to make Disney FastPass+ selections for some in my party, but not others

I wasn't able to make Disney FastPass+ selections for anyone in my party
Other

DisneyBarb
11-25-2013, 06:39 PM
I just finished it and it asked if I preferred the previous FP system over the new and why or why not. Since most people do not seem happy with the restrictions of the new system (I would be okay with no grouping and multi park use and higher number of selections). It will be interesting to see what becomes of this! I do know that when I left for our trip it I knew I was going to be able to get on Soarin and TSM which hasn't always happened on previous trips, so in that regard I liked the FP+.

spoiledraf
11-25-2013, 10:05 PM
We'll be there Sunday. Thought just crossed my mind. Could they do a combined system. Choose FP+ or FP-. Then folks like me could reserve our three with no paper fast passes allowed and others could use paper as often as they can.

WiltonJohn
11-25-2013, 11:48 PM
We were there last month....... everyone who was in the "testing" group got them.

Sounds like the same kind of questions.

best,

.............john

1DisneyNut
11-26-2013, 10:56 AM
I just finished it and it asked if I preferred the previous FP system over the new and why or why not. Since most people do not seem happy with the restrictions of the new system (I would be okay with no grouping and multi park use and higher number of selections). It will be interesting to see what becomes of this! I do know that when I left for our trip it I knew I was going to be able to get on Soarin and TSM which hasn't always happened on previous trips, so in that regard I liked the FP+.

I have to ask, why haven't you been able to get on Soarin and TSM in previous trips? Do you only ride if you can get a fastpass and are not willing to use the standby line?

I don't understand why people use the argument that they "know they will be able to get on a ride" when talking about FP+. I have been to WDW so many times I can't even remember them all and at all different times of the year with exception of Christmas/New Years. I have been able to do every and I mean every single ride and attraction at every park in a single day and usually go back and hit a few favorites a second time. The only time I didn't pull it off was on July 4 one year in MK.....it was packed shoulder to shoulder and I left. I could see not being able to do a few attractions during the big holidays but the rest of the year it is no problem. Especially in Epcot where there is really only a couple of must do's. We have done test track and Soarin two or three times each in a single day every time we have ever wanted.

DisneyBarb
11-26-2013, 01:55 PM
I have to ask, why haven't you been able to get on Soarin and TSM in previous trips? Do you only ride if you can get a fastpass and are not willing to use the standby line? .

The last trip before this was in March (the beginning of March) and FP were either out or a time much later in the day. We would not wait in standby for more then an hour mostly due DH's back, but usually we just didn't feel it was worth it (most times we are only there for 4 or 5 days and would rather see other things). The other trip this happened was in October. This trip (last week) I really wanted to get on them since it had been a few years, it probably would not have happened with TSM without FP as the line was always signficant when we tried without FP (I tried to get a FP that morning on my app but they were out). RR and ToT weren't however, so maybe this will get better if/when they add things to the Studio. Soarin was no problem this trip to get on.

ransam
11-26-2013, 02:38 PM
I got it.
Very unsatisfactory.

roses
11-26-2013, 04:51 PM
I had an issue with my FP+ on my My Disney Experience app. Everytime I changed a FP+ on my app, it would still keep the other FP+ time as well to the point where it was confusing to see if I really had that FP+ time or not. Then it would only allow me to see reservations for 2 of the traveling 4.

PopPhan
11-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Just got an email for a survey on the MDE web site and app today. Pretty much boilerplate types of questions. My biggest complaint, that I put in the survey, was the non-intuitive interface for the FP+ selections - Making it difficult to select and/or change FP+ attractions. I'll wait and see if I get a survey email after I return.

WiltonJohn
11-27-2013, 02:07 PM
I got one on both ends of the trip. Different questions.

best,

...........john

DisneyBarb
11-29-2013, 06:08 PM
I received a call from disney today in regards to my letter I had written regarding the FP+. I had a long voicemail and it sounded pretty sincere and they said they are definately listening to the guests opinions and making sure executives are aware. He said quite possibly the system we tested may be quite different In the future. He gave me his number and hours he worked to call him back which you can be sure I will. I may have rose colored glasses but my fingers are crossed they are listening.

WiltonJohn
11-29-2013, 07:19 PM
I received a call from disney today in regards to my letter I had written regarding the FP+. I had a long voicemail and it sounded pretty sincere and they said they are definately listening to the guests opinions and making sure executives are aware. He said quite possibly the system we tested may be quite different In the future. He gave me his number and hours he worked to call him back which you can be sure I will. I may have rose colored glasses but my fingers are crossed they are listening.

I had the same kind of frank, open, and non-defensive conversation on the phone with a Disney Guest Relations rep who responded to my recent LONG detailed letter to them....... a letter that had little to do with FastPass+ but focused on other matters. It was a pretty long phone call; not rushed at all. I have her direct phone line now, and was assured that they are listening. I was also assured that the information I gave would get to many different managers in different departments. And I was asked to keep in contact.

From that conversation I think that they are aware that "all is not well" and are working to come up with a plan to fix some stuff. It is clearly in their own interests to do so........ the Guests pay the bills.

Remember that changes in an operation like Disney's are sort of like repairing the aircraft's landing gear while it is flying along at 38,000 feet over the Pacific. The place is a 24/7 operation. And there are SCADS of pieces that all have to work together........ like maybe performning a NASA launch. Not easy.

So when someone arrives tomorrow....... something is likely still not going to be different.... even if Disney "knows".

best,

..................john

Tekneek
11-30-2013, 06:56 AM
From that conversation I think that they are aware that "all is not well" and are working to come up with a plan to fix some stuff. It is clearly in their own interests to do so........ the Guests pay the bills.

The unfortunate thing is that most of the core problems come down to management decisions. Not bad design choices or technological failures. The true core problems at WDW will take a long time to solve, because they've been building up for quite a while. The changes in things like "Traditions" training takes a long time to have a guest impact, but when they do it is clear and obvious. If you've ever looked at the offerings at The Disney Institute, I am certain they aren't teaching the same things to WDW CMs (yet they consult other companies on all these Customer Service foundations that would be shattered if those clients spent a lot of time in the parks).

Katzateer
11-30-2013, 07:54 AM
I got a survey request also - pretrip. Haven't had time to look at it.