PDA

View Full Version : How soon does everyone pack??

1goofyfamily
11-25-2013, 09:36 AM
We leave in 4 days and we haven't started. Partially because our family's crazy busy schedule & trying to get Christmas stuff up and Thanksgiving taken care of and partially because we are holding out to see what the weather decides to do. We have the suitcases out and my daughter's princess dresses are on the table but that's about it.

PopPhan
11-25-2013, 09:59 AM
I will be arriving in 9 days and just started pulling a few things out....Going to pack some of the more 'summery' stuff in the next day or so, since I can no longer wear it here in PA (19 degrees this morning!) Will probably finish packing, everything but toiletries and meds, this weekend. Give me a chance to double and triple check that I didn't miss anything. LOL

yjgirl32
11-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Our trip isn't until August and I have some things packed- but only special shirts we wear in Disney. Have a magical trip.

1DisneyNut
11-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Usually a few days before we leave, I will get the suitcases out. We might throw a few things in over the course of the next several days but we really don't actually pack until the day before leaving.

We do however have a backpack that we carry to the parks and that is its only purpose. We have been using the same one for about 10 years now. Everything always stays in that backpack so we don't have to repack those items such as aspirin, sun block, ponchos, band aids, etc. We just grab it and throw it in the car each time.

caryrae
11-25-2013, 11:50 AM
We usually start maybe 2 days or the day before the trip to pack, it helps that it's only 2 of us, doesn't take long. We do lay stuff out earlier just to see what we have and see if we need to get anything.

minnie04
11-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Usually the night before we leave. I like to have all the laundry done and put away, only to take back out what we are going to wear on the trip and pack it..lol Once the laundry is done I usually make the announcement that "I'm done with washing :laundry: and if you are planning on taking a certain item(s) DONT WEAR THEM"

disneymom15
11-25-2013, 12:30 PM
We usually start maybe 2 days or the day before the trip to pack, it helps that it's only 2 of us, doesn't take long. We do lay stuff out earlier just to see what we have and see if we need to get anything.

This is how we do it too!

okw2006
11-25-2013, 03:45 PM
We leave in 4 days and we haven't started. Partially because our family's crazy busy schedule & trying to get Christmas stuff up and Thanksgiving taken care of and partially because we are holding out to see what the weather decides to do. We have the suitcases out and my daughter's princess dresses are on the table but that's about it.

we are going the same time as you and probably won't get packed until Thanksgiving night. Looks like the weather will be nice for this time of year!:thumbsup:

vicster
11-25-2013, 04:14 PM
We pack the night before we leave.

1goofyfamily
11-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Our 3 boys could pack for themselves and while my wife has gotten out of her OCDness of making them all match we can't trust them to pack for fear of what ratty old t-shirt they'd be wearing. And my daughter has been accumulating way too many cute outfits for this trip not too mention the princess dresses.
Weather is looking promising 3 out of 4 weather sites are saying upper 70's which is better than the chance of snow here.
But yes I will probably pack on Thanksgiving night.

CanadianWDWFan
11-25-2013, 04:44 PM
We usually lay our suitcases out a week or two before leave. If our kids really want something we tell them to put it in the suitcase. Then the night before we will do the laundry and pack everything that we need to enjoy our vacation.

I try to adhere to some advice we got years ago, "Take half as much clothing and twice as much money as you planned." :D

1DisneyNut
11-25-2013, 06:16 PM
I try to adhere to some advice we got years ago, "Take half as much clothing and twice as much money as you planned." :D

That is some excellent advice. lol

brownie
11-25-2013, 07:27 PM

If only we could come home with twice as much money!

I pack the night before, though I do make a list so I know if there's anything I need to pick up before leaving.

kakn7294
11-25-2013, 10:25 PM
I pack the day before we leave.

DVCJohn
11-29-2013, 04:53 PM
It really depends on my work schedule. We are 8 out and since I am working 5 12 hour shift before we leave, I packed yesterday. I will continue to check the weather forecast for WDW. If nothing changes I'm good.

Giggy
12-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Am I allowed to start packing for our provisional, yet to be booked 2016 vacation? Just to remind everyone that I have remembered that they promised!!! :D

AgentC
12-01-2013, 12:15 PM
I am so last minute. In most cases we start out drive over in late afternoon and I'm probably packing that morning. :blush:

#1donaldfan
12-02-2013, 11:52 AM
I pack the night before. Last minute and WAY too much every single time !!! :cool: