PDA

View Full Version : Renting points for GF

Gator
11-23-2013, 07:19 PM
I'm having to think about my next trip to WDW sometime next November. My third kid will be 3 by then, so I have to get a room that fits 5. We usually go with a Moderate, but now we can only do Riverside, which we're not real fond of. I started checking the DVC rental points for a nine day trip and found that the GF can sleep 5 in their basic room. That's great!

Does anyone have any advice about these rooms? Just wondering about distance from the main building, the monorail, kid friendliness, likelihood of finding someone who can book a 9 day trip, and any other stuff you can tell me.

AgentC
11-23-2013, 09:14 PM
I haven't stayed in the villas but I stayed at the GF in September. The villas are closest to the beach pool, the children's water area and the wedding pavilion.
I walked from the front of the villa building back to the main building in about 10 minutes walking at a brisk pace. I assume there is a back exit but the building was still behind walls when we were there.

I had my 5 & 7 year old with me. I'll come and post about kid friendliness after I get them to bed. :D

VWL Mom
11-24-2013, 09:01 AM
IMO you will probably be hard pressed to get VGF for 9 days, I think it's still too new but it's worth a try. Your best bet would be to find someone that owns there so they could book at 11 months. Since it is quite new it goes fast at 7 months and many have reported only getting a short stay here or there.

Gator
12-27-2013, 04:39 PM
If I were to get the points for a November stay, tell me this... is it worth the stay? It looks like there quite a walk to the monorail station and the nice pool. Any thougths?