PDA

View Full Version : coming fast

disneymom15
11-23-2013, 09:49 AM
2 months from todays date, my baby girl will become a "MRS". Where has the time gone.

Anyone know any fool proof tricks to keep me from crying like a baby at the ceremony. Just thinking about it and I'm tearing up.

vicster
11-23-2013, 12:41 PM
I wish I knew some tricks. My daughter's getting married in March - let me know if you find any tricks!

disney obsessed
11-23-2013, 06:00 PM
Ok. After you both figure out how to handle this, let me know. Mine is getting married in may.

vicster
11-23-2013, 08:20 PM
Lol - I guess lots of kleenix and makeup. I, too, am tearing up just thinking about it - could get ugly.

Melanie
11-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Congrats!!!!

T-Belle
11-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Add me to the list. My DD is getting married in April. I'm already so weepy!! How are we going to get thru this???

garymacd
12-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Just been there. Didn't cry - much. I actually cried when I saw her come down the stairs in her gown.

Good thing I didn't have makeup to mess up.

disneymom15
12-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Just been there. Didn't cry - much. I actually cried when I saw her come down the stairs in her gown.

Good thing I didn't have makeup to mess up.

I saw your earlier post about Brown Derby. Did your daughter get married at Disney?

garymacd
12-03-2013, 08:34 PM
I saw your earlier post about Brown Derby. Did your daughter get married at Disney?
We looked at a Disney Wedding. Brianne wanted it at the Rose Garden in MK. I thought about having the service in the big green space between buildings 3, 4, 5 and 6 at POFQ and talking them into opening Bonfamilles for one night for a reception dinner. Peek in there the next time you're there. The tables are all set and ready to go.

Our kids were all for it, until my mother passed away last year. Vince's family life was not very good, and he didn't care that his family couldn't or wouldn't come to Florida for a ceremony. He has grown since then. When he saw the outpouring of grief and true family love at mum's funeral, he started to understand what family meant. Our influence on him, showing what family really meant turned him against the idea of a distance wedding.

We had also decided that we would have to have a reception here as well has there for those who couldn't or wouldn't come to WDW. The cost was too high.

We ended up having the wedding here so all of our family could attend and then invited most of them for a destination Honeymoon at POFQ! Brianne was a bit crushed, but costs went down considerably, family relations improved and everyone had a great time.

Belle of the Ball 051411
12-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Waterproof mascara will be your friend! Enjoy every minute of your daughter's wedding day; it really does go by in a blink.

I, myself, am counting down 2.5 months for when my first baby is due. I'm very excited but nervous at the same time.

disneymom15
12-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Waterproof mascara will be your friend! Enjoy every minute of your daughter's wedding day; it really does go by in a blink.

I, myself, am counting down 2.5 months for when my first baby is due. I'm very excited but nervous at the same time.

Thanks for the tip, need to make that purchase for sure. Congrats on the soon to be new arrival. how exciting!