PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Villas

twinboyz
11-22-2013, 04:39 PM
LOVE our DVC membership.. Just going to start with that. :blush:

Anyone who has stayed at BCV. It's our first time staying there and we are PUMPED.. to say the least. Love being close to EPCOT.

Is there a location you would request? And why?

How are the restaurants there and nearby?--walking distance? We are going to try Shula's this visit but would love to hear your favorites and why you like them.

We are 2 adults staying in a 1 bedroom villa.. How is the pool by the villas? We will probably go over to the main pool as well, just wondering how 'quiet' the 'quiet' pool is. Kids don't bother us, we mainly use the pool for relaxing and sun bathing anyways.

Any secrets that are not so much secrets that you could share with a newbie to the resort?:D Looking for some fun things to do while we are there.

Were planning on JellyRolls and the Boardwalk nightlife, enjoying the EPCOT fireworks from the bridge, and walking over to mini golf.
Thanks!!

FiggyFan
11-22-2013, 09:16 PM
We also love BCV. If you are interested in watching fireworks from your room, ask for an upper floor with an EPCOT view. Otherwise, I would suggest a room close to the main elevators. Handicapped-accessible rooms have a walk/roll in shower instead of a tub. Our experience is that water from the shower tends to spread into the rest of the bath, so I usually request that we not be put in an accessible room. All the rooms have good access to the quiet pool, which is never very crowded, but being close to the main elevators provides much easier access to the Beach Club resort.

As for restaurants, EPCOT's International Gateway is a very short walk, so you have plenty of dining options there. At the resort, Cape May Café has a bustling character buffet at both breakfast and dinner. On the Yacht Club side, Yachtsman Steakhouse is very good - I would rate it higher than Le Cellier. Yacht Club Galley is a bit smaller and a bit less expensive, with a somewhat smaller menu.

On the Boardwalk side of the lake, there are several restaurants to choose from. There have been some changes in the past few years, and we haven't tried any of them since, so I don't have much to report.

If you catch bad weather, the far end of the main Beach Club resort has an exit very close to the International Gateway, so you can stay sheltered most of the way to EPCOT.

If you prefer a casual stroll at the end of the day, circling the resort lake is a bit more than a mile. We prefer to get ice cream at Seashore Sweets near the Boardwalk rather than at Beaches and Cream - it is bigger and has a better selection, although nothing to rival the "kitchen sink" you can get (table service only) at Beaches and Cream. It is better to get there before EPCOT's fireworks break up and the crowd starts streaming out. Eating an ice cream while watching the boardwalk performers or while strolling the lake is a nice way to end a day. If you time things right, you can be on the bridge near the Dolphin and Swan for the fireworks - a good viewing spot, and closer to Jellyrolls.

twinboyz
11-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Awesome tips!! :thumbsup: Thanks Figgy Fan!!

Yo Mickey!
11-26-2013, 03:22 PM
big fan of the beach club (and boardwalk) and we will be there in 11 days.

i like the quiet area overlooking the trees so you can see/hear into the UK/france area. however, sometimes you get the part back by the road -- that's no fun. so if i had to request an area, it would be high up overlooking the pool. it's generally quiet and a great view.

great things to do in that area, in my order of preference:

1. world showcase...grab a beer, snack or eat, listen to live music in UK and Canada, and just explore. far and away my favorite thing to do at WDW.

2. go for a morning run around the lake, down to hollywood studios, back around again, and repeat for 45 min to an hour. just awesome.

3. visit la cava in mexico. if you like margaritas...don't go to the stand outside. go inside and ask them to make you something special. my favorite is the jalapeño margarita. it is holy cow good. also, follow them on twitter before you go for a discount (applies on mondays, i believe).

4. grab a beer at hurricane hanna's and just people watch. stroll over to espn and grab another, sit at the bar or outside overlooking the lake. watch the performers and then head to one of the bridges to catch illuminations.

5. eat dinner at the flying fish cafe on the boardwalk. beer or glass of wine at the belle vue lounge (in the boardwalk) upstairs from flying fish, then head to jellyrolls.

6. head to tutto gusto (small wine bar) in the italy pavilion. it's intimate and you can get an appetizer and a great glass of wine (or moretti beer if you wish). then stroll over to germany and stop at the karamel kuche and pick up a bag of caramel corn to share on your walk back toward the boardwalk/beach club area.

7. grab a beer at hurricane hanna's, stroll to the beach, take off shoes and enjoy.

I could keep going on but you get the idea. and, stormalong bay is a great swim. it's not often you have a sand bottom pool so get in there and enjoy yourself!

PlutoPlanet
11-26-2013, 03:26 PM
BC is cool

faline
11-26-2013, 07:25 PM
We stayed in a 1 bedroom villa overlooking the quiet pool about a year and a half ago. We greatly enjoyed this trip. While we loved the main pool at this resort, we also liked the quiet pool quite a lot - it's a rather large pool. There are many places to dine within a short walk of this resort. I would definitely stay here again in the future!

JMTStone
11-27-2013, 09:49 AM
We are members of the Beach Club Fan club! All above posters beat me to a lot of good tips.

Don't leave off Beaches and Cream ice cream!

By the way - my husband fell in love with the resort scent and is now having it piped into my home.

twinboyz
11-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Thanks Everyone.. I just recently heard about the road noise.. I will be sure request something up higher for sure.

Yo Mickey! Great advice.. That's how our vacations usually go.. I'm looking forward to being within walking distance to EPCOT! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear so many good things about Beach Club! We've often visited and we will be glad to enjoy the location and amenities!!:cloud9: