PDA

View Full Version : forced to make fp+ ressies

Nekochan
11-21-2013, 02:49 PM
I went online and only wanted to make fp+ ressies for toy story mania and TOT (since RNR has a single line I don't see a reason to burn a FP+ for that). The website forced me to take a 3rd FP - Star Tours (which I'm not all that crazy about)

Why would they do this? I don't want to hog a FP that I don't want

faline
11-21-2013, 02:54 PM
I ran into that two. I only wanted to make two fastpass plus reservations but was prompted to make a third. I selected something that I likely will not keep either.

Mrs Bus Driver
11-21-2013, 05:06 PM
What happens when you don't make a 3rd selection? Does it give you an error message?

1DisneyNut
11-21-2013, 05:15 PM
What happens when you don't make a 3rd selection? Does it give you an error message?

No, it randomly selects one for you. lol

I don't know why they set it up that way but it makes absolutely no sense. Why force a FP on somebody that they don't want, and will not use and therefore burning one that another guest may have actually wanted? It fits in the scheme though, since the whole thing is a mess. lol

gerald72
11-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Next they will charge you for fastpass no-shows.

spoiledraf
11-21-2013, 07:43 PM
The less popular rides won't sell out of fast passes and the stand by line will move faster because of the no shows. So don't feel bad a out being a no show. Be happy because everyone in stand by will get on quicker!

Hammer
12-12-2013, 01:13 PM
I ran into that two. I only wanted to make two fastpass plus reservations but was prompted to make a third. I selected something that I likely will not keep either.

I noted this flaw in my feedback from when I was part of the FP+ testing. I said you should be able to make less than 3 reservations and cited many of the reasons that others have posted in this thread.

#1donaldfan
12-12-2013, 01:21 PM
I've seen the RRC close the single rider line and it was during very high attendance. Just sayn':mickey:

JerseyDad
12-12-2013, 02:58 PM
....everyone NEEEEEEEDS to understand the reasoning behind the FP+ concept ....It's all about people management (a.k.a. ..."crowd control").

...they want to know "who will be where and when".

....it's all tied together ....the third FP+ 'reservation' ...whether you want / need it ...is going to be assigned to you.

....if you don't make it (as if you actually had that option) ...it is not as if you could use it elsewhere that day ...or later in your trip. You get 3 ...for one day ...in one park....with no 'carry over' should you not utilize it. It's the ultimate "use it or lose it" ploy. Disney figures if it's been "bestowed upon you" ...you will take advantage of it ...and be in some park for some extended period of time ....spending money. There is a psychological force at play there ...whereas you feel you're getting something for free ...so you'll be more apt to use it.

stephicakes
12-13-2013, 05:35 AM
I noted this flaw in my feedback from when I was part of the FP+ testing. I said you should be able to make less than 3 reservations and cited many of the reasons that others have posted in this thread.

Yes, I agree. We won't be getting to BC until later in the evening and I booked the latest FP+ for Maelstrom that was available, and MDE still made me pick two others for earlier that day. We won't even be on property for those times - what a waste! :confused:

Tekneek
12-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Yep, you have to book three at a time. Also, when I was there, you couldn't just cancel one. You could try to change one to something else, but you could not simply return a slot back to the system without replacing it with something. You must have 3 per day, not up to 3 per day.

Bruegge
12-13-2013, 12:06 PM
IS it possible that "the powers that be" are trying to "lock" you in to one park one day?

"Your are here.... don't leave....have a free fast pass and stay longer... you still have cash left"

Like an earlier poster mentioned ... You are in the park with your money... you cant spend on the buses or the monorail.

JerseyDad
12-13-2013, 03:04 PM
IS it possible that "the powers that be" are trying to "lock" you in to one park one day?

"Your are here.... don't leave....have a free fast pass and stay longer... you still have cash left"

Like an earlier poster mentioned ... You are in the park with your money... you cant spend on the buses or the monorail.

...exactly their intention ...if you have a FP+ appointment to be on a ride / attraction ...you basically have a "virtual you" already on line ...holding your spot. So all you need to do is show up at that ride at that time and "there is your spot" in line. Since you're not on line all that time ...they figure that you'll be emptying your pockets.....

Tekneek
12-14-2013, 06:46 AM
If there are only X number of slots available at X time, pushing them onto people is preventing someone else from having them (that might actually want them). Forcing slots onto people that have no intention of ever using them is a significant design flaw, but it has been there all along and there's no indication they plan on fixing that.

If there is no limit on slots per time frame, then that in itself would be a significant design flaw. Either way, it's a poor design choice to make (pretty sure this was a shortcut made during design to make implementation easy - it is much harder to make a smart system that allows a lot of changes/unique configurations on the fly than one that simply forces 3 FP+ in 1 park per day). Disney has pushed the easy button for them, at the expense of their customer.

JerseyDad
12-14-2013, 09:51 AM
If there are only X number of slots available at X time, pushing them onto people is preventing someone else from having them (that might actually want them). Forcing slots onto people that have no intention of ever using them is a significant design flaw, but it has been there all along and there's no indication they plan on fixing that.

If there is no limit on slots per time frame, then that in itself would be a significant design flaw. Either way, it's a poor design choice to make (pretty sure this was a shortcut made during design to make implementation easy - it is much harder to make a smart system that allows a lot of changes/unique configurations on the fly than one that simply forces 3 FP+ in 1 park per day). Disney has pushed the easy button for them, at the expense of their customer.

....from the looks of things ....the "easy button" is also the "cheap button" for what Disney wants. They don't seem to care about the day-tripper crowd. They want the "planned to the hilt" guest ...who's booked into one of their resorts ...that has a wad of spending money that's earmarked for a trip. This way they get revenue on two fronts ...full resort occupancy (with the spending that takes place there too) ...and the disposable cash that guests had planned on spending at the parks.

...and ...you mentioned the "passes being forced upon guests" ....'preventing others from getting them'. Well ....we're guilty. We were there in August at POP ...with the MB's and FP+'s ....and on each of the days there (10 days) we did not use all of our FP+ appointments ...usually doing 2 of the 3 ...or 3 of the 4 (at MK). But ..one day we switched park plans due to weather issues ...and used NONE. So ...as you noted ...someone else ...got screwed out of 3 FP's that day.

Ian
12-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Just one more of the very bizarre choices Disney made with this program. You also can't modify only one FP+ ... if you want to change one you have to give them all up and re-book all three again.

Patricia
12-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Just one more of the very bizarre choices Disney made with this program. You also can't modify only one FP+ ... if you want to change one you have to give them all up and re-book all three again.

Good grief. :shake:

Zawadi
12-16-2013, 02:34 PM

That wasn't our experience. The Kiosks and App allowed us to change either experience or timeslot.

However, to change both you need to two runs through the app. First change the timeslot then change the experience (or ask a CM to do it).

We switched a FP+ for a morning PoTC to an afternoon Peter Pan then again to HM (keeping same timeslot that Peter Pan had). This did not affect our other FP+ in the MK that day.

Was the problem that you had due to Disney changing the rules to 1 major and 2 minor experiences in Epcot/Studios?

JerseyDad
12-16-2013, 02:37 PM

....something like that ...makes you wonder about the amount of backstage 'control' that they want to have over the FP+ 'reservations' ...and where you will be at what time.

....what happens ...if when you "give them all up" ...there are no more to be had ...or at time-frames that "work" for you?

1DisneyNut
12-16-2013, 02:37 PM

This is the first time I have read this......all I can say is wow, how irritating that would be. I could see the situation arising all the time where guests plans change mid-way through the day and they would like to change one or maybe two fastpass times or the attraction. Having to re-do them all and probably losing the times you actually did want would be almost infuriating. Not to mention, having to waste time dealing with it.

Gator
12-16-2013, 03:15 PM
Next they will charge you for fastpass no-shows.

Haha! This whole thing is turning into a mess. OK, keep the MyMagic stuff, the new photopass stuff, that all seems to work. But this whole "design your day" thing has got to go.

Ian
12-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Okay so let me clarify what I said ... there may, in fact, be a way to change just one of your FP but if there is it certainly isn't obvious or intuitive because I didn't see it.

When you click the option to change or modify there's never an option that I saw to select just one of your FP's.

buzznwoodysmom
12-16-2013, 05:47 PM

We were there over Thanksgiving week and we didn't have to rebook all three in order to change just one.

For example, we didn't make it to Epcot in time for our Soarin FP+. I was able to change the time for FP+ to a later hour while on the bus on the way to the park. Once I got in the park I was also able to change just the Soarin time for my nephew, who was traveling with us, but staying in a different room. I couldn't access my BIL's MDE on my phone, but I had no problems changing the time once in the park.

buzznwoodysmom
12-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Okay so let me clarify what I said ... there may, in fact, be a way to change just one of your FP but if there is it certainly isn't obvious or intuitive because I didn't see it.

When you click the option to change or modify there's never an option that I saw to select just one of your FP's.

Really? I was given an option to select which attraction I wanted to change, just the same as I had the option to select a specific guest or to "select all" guests. Unless this has changed since we were planning and in the parks.