PDA

View Full Version : Undiscover Future World & Keys tours

Crow
11-21-2013, 12:15 PM
thinking about these tours...my fav park is Epcot so id like that tour im sure, but also Keys sounds good. any recent feedback. the Disney Visa discount helps too

Katzateer
11-21-2013, 12:23 PM
We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom but not until our last day at WDW in Dec. We had scheduled it last October but had to cancel. That is the one activity my husband really wanted to do this trip.

mickclub1955
11-21-2013, 04:48 PM
We have scheduled the Undiscovered Future World Tour for our day at Epcot on Jan 10th. We did the Keys of the Kingdom 11 years ago and we loved that. Yes there is a discount with the Disney Visa. It took about $30.00 off of the tour for my wife and me.

Crow
11-22-2013, 11:56 PM
I don't think I will do both, not sure. As I said I like Epcot the most of the parks, but I also am interested in backstories and utilidors at MK

Lindsey310
11-23-2013, 06:00 PM
We did keys last month for the first time. It's 5 hours long but it goes by fast. Lunch at Columbia harbor house. We had two great guides which helped. While there were a lot of new things we learned (and that's saying something for us disney vets), some parts were boring. The utilidors were cool. Overall I would say everyone should do this tour at least once. The undiscovered tour at epcot is one we really want to try. :mickey:

77 days!!!! :cloud9:

mrte62
11-25-2013, 09:35 PM
We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour in early November 2012. Very interesting and learned a lot. Would recommend taking the latest of tours (we did). We really took our time and never felt rushed as there wasn't a group behind us. I think our tour started at 9:30 am.

Lunch was in a roped off area upstairs at Columbia House.

DW and I found it well worth it. Discount with Disney Visa card of 20%.

Crow
12-04-2013, 11:22 PM
Keys was full so going to undiscovered future world in morning

mickclub1955
12-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Would like to know how it is. I have this booked for my trip in January.

Lindsey310
12-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Let us know how you liked it...it's on my list! :mickey:

62 days!!

GMRO
12-09-2013, 02:12 PM

Did Keys 2 times - 2002 and 2013. Both were fun. About 80% of the tours were identical. But in 2013 we went to a different behind the scene area and saw them "step off" for the noon parade. Was neat to see them, CM's, all relaxed waiting for their time to GO LIVE and get into character. Overall - I'd say if you do Keys once no need to go back.

We also have done the Epcot Segway Tour when they offered it. Did that a few times. Neat to ride a Segway thru the park before it opens and learn. We also did the Fort Wilderness OFF Road Segway Tour. Neat again to go back woods touring and learn about Disney. Not sure they even offer these 2 tours any longer. AND I did Lunch With An Imagineer. WOW, I'd recommend that for sure. I hope to do that in 2014 with wife during our vaca. In 2008 she got me that as a gift.

SO - let us know about this tour! May be something we'd like to do as well. Hope to hear back from you.

THANKS!

PS> Yes the WDW Visa is very nice for discounts on the tours. ;)

Crow
12-18-2013, 01:40 AM
Undiscovered Future world was ok. I wouldn't do it again. the first half was slow. Too much time at the beginning at guest services talking about some Disney history. it picked up a little after the midway break w Soaring wo a wait. but the cleaning of the 3D glasses was nothing much to see. saw a VIP suite at Mission SPace...cause the Living Seas one was booked for an event. got to see wardrobe area. makeup wigs etc. Mulan came into the backstage area at the end as she just finished a greeting..the reserved area for Illuminations in Italy was ok...until they dropped the rope and people jumped in front of me..
the tour guide was nice enough though.
Once was enough for this tour.