PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass+ and tour groups

chefmickey3
11-20-2013, 06:18 PM
With all the discussion of FP+, I was thinking about the summer and the annual visit of our friends to the south. Any speculation on how Disney will handle FP+ and tour groups from South America?

faline
11-20-2013, 07:14 PM
If staying on-site, I imagine the group members have the same rights to prebook as any other guests. If staying offsite, I believe the only option right now is the kiosks at the parks or heading to standby lines.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-20-2013, 07:20 PM
It would be interesting to know if they are booking them like all us "non-tour" people, or if there is something else going on in the background, allowing them to book 30 - 50+ FP+ tickets in the same block?

bxrluv
11-20-2013, 07:33 PM
I just can't fathom how they would be able to do that. I know there is no practical way my daughter can use FP+ when she comes with her marching band over spring break. Too many variables. They also don't walk around the park as a group of 150 kids but separate into smaller groups. I'm just hoping they do not roll this out at such a busy time.

wellsm
11-21-2013, 09:08 AM
I actually had the thought that maybe - just maybe - the FP+ system designers had a goal of dealing with the problematic large tour groups.

As I understand it, the big tour groups send a runner ahead with the tour's block of tickets, right? So they feed them into the machines and get all the FP's for the group. (Unless there is some other way of getting big blocks of FPs I am not aware of.)

This strategy is now impossible. Instead, each member of the group would need to register individually with the FP+ system, right?

Could the entire group register as a "Friend or Family?" Maybe. Maybe the tour guides could handle everything on behalf of their clients - registration on MyDisneyExperience on behalf of the user (though this would likely break the TOS,) linking their tickets and accounts, requesting magic bands, and scheduling the FP+'s for the entire group. It would almost require an automated system to do that, and Disney would likely block it since registering on someone's behalf probably breaks their TOS.

You may see FP+ breaking up the large tour groups.