PDA

View Full Version : Picking up packets

jennsky
11-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Question: Our flight gets in on Wednesday around 3pm. By the time we get to Disney/get checked in, it'll be after 4pm I'm guessing. We need to go get our packets before 8pm for the 5K the next morning. My question: how crazy are the lineups at Wide World of Sports? I remember on the podcast someone saying the lineups were crazy...although I think you were talking about Disneyland. Should we get there ASAP or are we gonna be outta luck? ALSO if I pre-ordered a Disney pin when I registered for the 5K, should that be with my packet or am I gonna have to stand in ANOTHER line to go get that? Thanks!!

Christine
11-20-2013, 05:39 PM
You'll be fine for the expo pickup. But regardless, you'll have to stand in two lines. The field house is where you get your bib and packet. The hosted center is where you'll get your shirt.

What you heard in the podcast was indeed about Disneyland this past race.

The only wdw race expo that I've experienced that's been bad is princess last year held at Coronado springs.

That is NOT the norm.

Yungbuck73
11-21-2013, 07:14 PM
We get in on Wednesday also. We land at MCO about 1130 so I think we SHOULD be settled in by 1 or so. We are gonna try to get to the DVC welcome home thing they have on the Boardwalk since this will be our 1 st time using DVC. Then we will be heading over to pick up our packets too. Jen do u want to meet up and go as a group? Maybe get as many Intercot people together to go and invade? Lol. Let me know.

jennsky
11-27-2013, 09:10 AM
Ya, that'd be fun to all go over together! For us though we wouldn't be ready until definitely after 4pm by the time we get there from the airport/checked-in, etc. We'll have to connect via the interwebs the day of probably to co-ordinate but ya, let's totally aim for that! :thumbsup:

Yungbuck73
11-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Ya, that'd be fun to all go over together! For us though we wouldn't be ready until definitely after 4pm by the time we get there from the airport/checked-in, etc. We'll have to connect via the interwebs the day of probably to co-ordinate but ya, let's totally aim for that! :thumbsup:

sounds great