PDA

View Full Version : Carthay Lounge

SteveP
11-19-2013, 03:05 PM
I just looked up information on the Carthay Circle Lounge in DCA and I couldn't find the regular appetizers for the restaurant on the lounge menu. For some reason, I remember when I was there in July the server saying that you can order the apps from the restaurant menu in the lounge (such as the duck wings or the cheese biscuits). Is this true? I'm not speaking of the Club 33 member lounge, just the regular lounge.

tinkwest
11-22-2013, 12:05 AM
Sorry. Don't have any first hand experience with this. I have only ordered appetizers in the lounge once and I ordered the Lobster Pad Thai Imperial Roll off of the lounge menu. If your server this summer suggested that appetizers from the dining room menu could be ordered in the lounge, I would assume that is correct. That would be great if they do since I LOVE the cheese biscuits and think everyone should try them. Yum.

SteveP
11-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks, Think! My personal favorite are the duck wings. I met Chef Andrew Sutton this summer when I ate at the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose and he recommended them...boy was he right! My buddy and I decided to try the lounge instead of the restaurant since we decided that the appetizers are what we were most excited about when we ate there last summer so we're hoping to just sit in the lounge, have a few drinks, and enjoy the appetizers. We'll see what happens!