PDA

View Full Version : Vote - Osborne lights or MK extra magic hours

Nekochan
11-19-2013, 08:31 AM
I will be arriving on January 5 around 3:30 pm. By the time I get my luggage and get to Hotel via ME I imagine it will be at least 5:30 before I get to the parks. I am not getting park hoppers, so I have to pick one park for the night.

Studios close at 7 pm that night, and the crowd levels are 9 out of 10. However, I believe it's the last night of the Osborne lights.

Or, I can go to the MK for extra Magic hours until midnight, crowd level 7 out of 10.

Which would you do?

PopPhan
11-19-2013, 08:50 AM
First off, I would not make much of those crowd projections. The first Sunday after the holidays are over?

Now, to your "real" question -- If you are getting in that late (vs. park hours) and are still planning on using a day of your park tickets, MK EMH would be the way to go. 1.5 hours vs. 6.5 (more or less) hours....

Osborne Lights are great to see, but by the time you get there, rush around the park, then get to see them for about 15 minutes....

You can always come back another holiday season and see them. (Unless, of course, the mighty Disney Company - no relation to the company Walt and Roy started - decides they no longer can afford them!)

MickeysBestPal
11-19-2013, 09:31 AM
I will be arriving on January 5 around 3:30 pm. By the time I get my luggage and get to Hotel via ME I imagine it will be at least 5:30 before I get to the parks. I am not getting park hoppers, so I have to pick one park for the night.

1- Studios close at 7 pm that night, and the crowd levels are 9 out of 10. However, I believe it's the last night of the Osborne lights.

2- Or, I can go to the MK for extra Magic hours until midnight, crowd level 7 out of 10.

Which would you do?

1- The O-Lights will remain open to guests that night until at least 8PM.

2- You could THEN head over to MK for the rest of PM EMH.

In other words, do BOTH.

Ms. Mode
11-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Have you ever seen the Osborne Lights? If not, how tired are you after a day of travel? If you have never seen the OLs I would take the time to go see then; having said that, if you are not tired after traveling all day, I would purchase the Hopper for $50 and head over to MK for the rest of the evening. If you have had a long day and need the rest before a full day in the parks then just go to HS and see the OLs. If however, you have seen them before...just go to MK. :thumbsup:

PopPhan
11-19-2013, 09:51 AM
2- You could THEN head over to MK for the rest of PM EMH.

The OP stated that they are NOT getting Park Hoppers, so they cannot do both.

MickeysBestPal
11-19-2013, 11:36 AM
The OP stated that they are NOT getting Park Hoppers, so they cannot do both.

-if you are not tired after traveling all day, I would purchase the Hopper for $50 and head over to MK for the rest of the evening.

Slight correction:
If the OP wants to see both, the cost to add the Hopper option to a base MYW ticket
is $59 per ticket.

If the OP already has the "Water Parks Fun and More" on the tickets, the cost of add the Hopper option is just $25 per ticket.

(all prices, plus tax)

SBETigg
11-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Add the Hopper option! Then you can do both. But if I had to choose, it would be Osborne Lights, something you can't see all the time. Depends on how much MK time you have planned, though. I need at least two MK days.

BelleBeauty
11-19-2013, 12:59 PM
If it is truly the last night that Osborne Lights are offered then I would make the sacrifice and go there. Typically I would say MK has to be the first stop, but this light show is magical and I can never get enough. It is worth whatever the crowds are!

buzznwoodysmom
11-19-2013, 03:24 PM
I vote for the lights since you can do MK any time the rest of your stay.

Nekochan
11-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Thanks guys. I think after I get to the hotel I will see what the lines etc. are via one of those smartphone apps - I am thinking either studios and then the boardwalk, or MK extra magic hours.

PlutoToo
11-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Isn't there a rumor thread somewhere that says this might be the last year for the Osborne lights? If so, I would vote for the lights to see them one last time, just in case.

VacationDisney
11-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Do the Osborne lights. They are truly something to see:thumbsup:

Gator
11-20-2013, 04:27 PM
I'd go with the LIGHTS!!! First, they're just amazing. Especially when they have snow falling. Second, do you really want to hit a bunch of rides right after a long journey, and then stay up late so that your first morning, you don't want to move much less get to the parks? Go to the Studios.

Nekochan
11-21-2013, 02:41 PM
doing the lights and just made my fp+ ressies for fantasmic. If I can fit TOT in there even better!!! otherwise going back to the studios the next day

cer
11-21-2013, 02:53 PM
doing the lights and just made my fp+ ressies for fantasmic. If I can fit TOT in there even better!!! otherwise going back to the studios the next day

Sounds like a great plan! :thumbsup:

CaptSmee
11-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Osborne Lights are worth the price of admission. & if you can make Fantasmic then that's a bonus right there!

Capt_redshirt
11-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Isn't there a rumor thread somewhere that says this might be the last year for the Osborne lights? If so, I would vote for the lights to see them one last time, just in case.

I read that rumor too.... since mr osborne passed away its hard to tell if they will continue it or not.... but since there is no official word im going to treat it as its still on

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-23-2013, 11:28 PM
I'd go see the lights too. We went to MVMCP the first night they lit them this year. We were only using the party ticket so couldn't hop over to The Studios to see them, otherwise I would have hopped over and hopped back to the party. They are fantastic!

MickeysBestPal
11-24-2013, 08:50 AM
doing the lights and just made my fp+ ressies for fantasmic.

Do not count on the FP+ to get you into Fantasmic.
(In fact, I'd change the FP+ to something else at DHS.)
There is no longer any FP+ Reserved seating for Fantasmic. Guests with FP+ are routed into general admission with the thousands of walk-up guests.
FP+ for Fantasmic is virtually a fraud upon guests.

To see Fantasmic, arrive at least 45 minutes before show-time and enter the theater.