PDA

View Full Version : Mom broke her hip!

disney obsessed
11-18-2013, 09:44 PM
I am overwhelmed.

She is in hospice and refuses any type of treatment. Can't stay at assisted living because she needs skilled care. Cant go directly to skilled care without a three day stay at a hospital. Hospital wont admit her cause there is nothing for them to treat(she refuses surgery and is not a good candidate for it anyway. ) Aaaarrrrgggghhhh....

Pixie dust would be appreciated.

marlyn
11-18-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm sending lots of pixie dust your way. This is a sad, and I'm sure frustrating, time for you. The health system can be so hard to deal with, and I'm hoping that your mother can get the care she needs.
Thoughts and prayers accompanying the pixie dust!

Disney4us2
11-18-2013, 10:14 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-18-2013, 10:22 PM
:pixie: Oh no!

Navigating the medical system can be as much as a challenge as the condition itself.

Sending :pixie: that a path to sorting things out becomes possible!

SBETigg
11-19-2013, 12:48 PM
How sad/painful for her and frustrating for you both! Sorry. I hope something works out.

MNNHFLTX
11-19-2013, 05:34 PM
I'm so sorry. :(

What does Hospice say they can do for you? Are they able to provide adequate services for her to stay at home? Are there any other options?

cer
11-19-2013, 07:47 PM
What an awful situation. I am so sorry.

Prayers for you both. :(

disney obsessed
11-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Thank you all. Pixie dust does work. I got them to admit her today and she has a wonderful palliative care team. Her outcome does not look good but she is in good hands.

cer
11-20-2013, 11:29 AM
Thank you all. Pixie dust does work. I got them to admit her today and she has a wonderful palliative care team. Her outcome does not look good but she is in good hands.

So thankful that she has some help.

disney obsessed
11-22-2013, 07:48 PM
I think things are calming down. Mom was discharged from the hospital today. She needs 24 hour care and could not return to her assisted living situation. I found a private 24 hour care for her. I thought about bringing her to my house but the kids were not comfortable with watching their grandmother fade away. She probably has till Christmas. Please pray for her that God is merciful.

badkitty
11-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Sending you prayers and wishing you strength.

VWL Mom
11-22-2013, 09:00 PM
I'm so sorry you're going through this. Keeping your family in my prayers during this trying time.

Disney4us2
11-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Continued prayers and pixies. This must be so difficult and stressful. Being the holidays are upon us doesn't make it any easier.

When we went through this with my father back in April, we knew he only had a week or two at the most. We got to say everything we needed to say. Still when his time came, it didn't make it any better.

Wishing you and your family peace and strength during difficult time.:pixie::pixie::pixie: