PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Menu

Disney4us2
11-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Well, this is the first time that I need to plan Thanksgiving:mpumpkin:. It is sadly just the two of us. I love Thanksgiving and all it's traditional foods. Time to make new holiday memories and traditions. I am used to a lot of food on this holiday, but need to really scale it back. How much can two people eat???:eat:

My menu is of course. :turkey:turkey as the star. Supporting characters are FUFU potatoes & green beans. Maybe stuffing, Jessica doesn't care for it so it would be just for me. For Jessica I found pumpkin pudding mix by Jello brand, Maybe a pie or cake for dessert. I found the recipe for the FUFU potatoes at food dot com. I have been craving them since we ate at Boma back in August.

What is on your menu for Thanksgiving?:pilgram2::pilgram:

Ms. Mode
11-18-2013, 02:59 PM
Hi Marci,

I normally have my family over so here's the menu:

Turkey
Stuffing Casserole
Green Beans
Mashed Potatoes (although I found a recipe for crockpot loaded potatoes I would like to try)
Cranberry Sauce (made from real berries)
Rolls
Pumpkin Pie

Hopefully lots of leftover turkey to freeze for later use!

cer
11-18-2013, 05:04 PM
Last Thanksgiving we had a scaled-down dinner/lunch. We ended up ordering from, well, now I can't remember the name.

It is a franchise that sells home-cooked food and they have the rocking chairs out front and the country store before you enter the restaurant dining room...

Anyway, we enjoyed it and if you did not want to cook a whole meal yourself, you could do some and order just the parts you would like. We had a scheduled time to pick it up and it was all very well done. Ugh! I can't for the life of me remember the name...

It was a nice option for a smaller group and one that I would not hesitate to do again.

Happy planning and happy Thanksgiving!

Scar
11-18-2013, 05:21 PM
... now I can't remember the name.

It is a franchise that sells home-cooked food and they have the rocking chairs out front and the country store before you enter the restaurant dining room...Cracker Barrel???

buzznwoodysmom
11-18-2013, 05:59 PM
What is on your menu for Thanksgiving?:pilgram2::pilgram:

Ohana's for breakfast.

Snacking for lunch.

What ever is being served at Cape May Café that night for dinner!!!!!

BrerGnat
11-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Um, probably breakfast for dinner. Or pizza. We did our Tday "feast" a few weeks ago before DH left for his deployment. My kids don't eat the thanksgiving food, so I'll make whatever they feel like having.

Tiggerlovr9000
11-18-2013, 10:16 PM
We are having ours on Monday the 25th because most of us have to work Thursday. There will be 7 or 8 of us.
Turkey/stuffing
Mashed potatoes/gravy
Scalloped corn
Sweet potatoes
Green beans/bacon
Dinner rolls
Pumpkin pie
Pecan pie
Cranberry jelly
Happy thanksgiving everyone!!

cer
11-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Cracker Barrel???

Umm....YEAH!

Even this morning I cound not think of it.

What is wrong with me????

cer
11-19-2013, 12:34 PM
We are having ours on Monday the 25th because most of us have to work Thursday. There will be 7 or 8 of us.
Turkey/stuffing
Mashed potatoes/gravy
Scalloped corn Sweet potatoes
Green beans/bacon
Dinner rolls
Pumpkin pie
Pecan pie
Cranberry jelly
Happy thanksgiving everyone!!

What is scalloped corn?

I am so stinkin' hungry.

I have a love/hate relationship with this thread.

Tiggerlovr9000
11-19-2013, 01:53 PM
What is scalloped corn?

I am so stinkin' hungry.

I have a love/hate relationship with this thread.
It is a casserole consisting of saltine crackers, milk, whole kernel corn and velvetta cheese. You layer crackers, corn and cheese. Then pour in milk til the crackers are saturated. Then bake for over an hour at 375. Yummy. It was my mils recipe.

cer
11-19-2013, 02:23 PM
It is a casserole consisting of saltine crackers, milk, whole kernel corn and velvetta cheese. You layer crackers, corn and cheese. Then pour in milk til the crackers are saturated. Then bake for over an hour at 375. Yummy. It was my mils recipe.

Yum!

DisneyLandMomma
11-20-2013, 01:24 AM
We are having a turkey breast, ham, cheesy potatoes, stuffing, corn casserole, hawaiian rolls and lots of munchies for beforehand...spinach artichoke dip, stuffed mushrooms, cheese ball..YUM!!

Oh almost forgot dessert...homemade apple and pumpkin pies. :)