PDA

View Full Version : Swan/Dolphin: General stay opinions + Magic Bands/Fastpass +?

Jen1984
11-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Hi all,

We have just found a good package rate for the swan and dolphin for next March. I'm aware that the hotel isn't owned by Disney, and that I'll need to pay for parking at the hotel, and can't use Magical Express, but is there any other cons to staying here? I believe that we still get EMH and use of Disney transport, does anyone know if we will be able to use Magic Bands during our stay? We have some from our last stay at AKL. I'm guessing that we won't be able to use as a room key but will they work for everything else? Any idea about Fastpass+?

Sorry if this has all been asked before. We're quite keen on staying here, as it is our first trip just the two of us, and being able to get to Epcot and the Boardwalk easily is a huge benefit.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance!

VWL Mom
11-17-2013, 05:48 PM
Right now they are in a testing phase for Swan and Dolphin that is explained here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=202190&highlight=swan+dolphin).

As of now there will not be magic bands at the Swan and Dolphin resorts and FP+ selections are day of and not 60 days out.

Jen1984
11-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks Lynn.

I'll need to have a little think... If we can't use the normal fast pass either might be trouble! It's slightly cheaper to stay at some of the universal hotels, and that was the boyfriends choice as he prefers the rides there. I want to do disney though!