PDA

View Full Version : 2013 MVMCP Pics and Recap

alongfortheride
11-15-2013, 10:57 PM
Here are some pics from Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party this year.

1st up: The parade...

alongfortheride
11-15-2013, 10:58 PM
More parade pics...

alongfortheride
11-15-2013, 11:00 PM
And a couple more...

alongfortheride
11-15-2013, 11:01 PM
The castle animations still impress me every time...

alongfortheride
11-15-2013, 11:04 PM
A few fireworks shots

alongfortheride
11-15-2013, 11:05 PM
And finally, a couple of character shots

disney obsessed
11-15-2013, 11:34 PM
Amazing pics John. I love the shots of the castle. Thanks!

Christine
11-15-2013, 11:57 PM
Walt Disney World was kind enough to invite INTERCOT to the kick off of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party! And John (alongfortheride) and I were happy to attend on its behalf!

We were given Glow with the Show ears at check in. Now, I've been pretty clear I'm not a fan of these, but I was happy to give it a shot. More on that later...

First things first, we entered Main Street USA and were immediately swept up in the holiday spirit! It was "snoaping" , Christmas carols filled the air, and the lights and garlands were making spirits bright.

We stayed on Main Street USA for the first parade. This parade is a lot of fun, and the hits for my group were, as always, the toy soldiers. They're SO amazing to watch and hear marching down the street!

Next we made our way to the hub to watch Holiday Wishes. This was no small feat as the party was sold out and the crowds were thick! We donned our ears and the entire time I kept asking John, "am I doing it? are they blinking?" :blush: You are basically wearing them for other people's enjoyment, and they for you. There was only a small handful of folks wearing them, which leads me to believe my feelings on them are the opinion of a great many others: 1- they're expensive 2-they're heavy and 3- most folks don't want to carry them around all day until the night time extravaganzas. They do not fold/collapse like the others. The chin strap is necessary or else the top heavy battery makes them slide off. I don't know many people who want to wear something that is essentially "tied" to their heads all day and night. Just my two cents.

Next up, we headed to the Jingle Cruise. I've read many reviews saying they thought this was executed poorly, but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it! I thought it was very well done and the holiday themed jokes were a great addition to the classic shtick. I for one, hope this becomes a recurring holiday event.

The characters were out and about all evening in their holiday attire, including the 7 Dwarves in New Fantasyland, whom I thought were adorable as they pointed to "their" ride under construction and clapped in excited happiness, Donald and Daisy in Storybook Circus, and even Bert and Mary Poppins at the carousel.

The holiday cookies and cocoa lines were hopping all night! We ate dinner at Cosmic Ray's and were seated by the cookie stand. I was stunned at people getting their two cookies and cocoa, lapping the line while they ate and drank, and getting more, some going back a 3rd time. My teenage daughter and her friend, who went their own way as John and I shot pictures and video for Twitter, etc, ate TEN cookies and drank 4 cups of cocoa! When on EARTH does someone do that? I guess free snickerdoodles make people do strange things!

We got our holiday Sorcerer's Apprentice cards. They gave us last year's as well, and this year and last year Halloween cards too! ???

Woody's dance party in Frontierland and Buzz's Totally Tomorrowland Show were a hit with the younger crowds. I don't know when I've seen them so well received.

All in all, we had a super time covering all of the holiday magic. The park looked great, the shows were top notch as usual, and the CMs were festive and very attentive. I cannot say what a great job they did at "working" the crowd to kindly remove the non-party people who were trying to linger a bit from the parks. It was very methodically and very politely done.

If you have not attended Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, consider looking into it. It's a fun event with plenty to do and see, and will help your family get in the holiday spirit. Or this may already be a tradition for your family that you do when in the World during the most wonderful time of the year.

Whatever the case, Mickey and Friends are bringing the joy of the season to young and the young at heart on select nights through December 20th. So take in some holiday cheer, and try to go easy on the cookies! ;)

eam
11-16-2013, 08:02 AM
What a wonderful report and awesome pictures! I went to the Christmas party in 1984 and it was my first and only time (I'm sure much different now), and your report, Christine, made me want to go - right now. Hopefully next year we will make it. Thank you again, and keep up with the great posts.
PS I especially appreciated the input on the Glow Ears.

DisneyorBust
11-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Excellent pictures and a great report, thanks for sharing. The only downside that I see, is that I won't get to enjoy the Christmas festivities in WDW this year. :D Maybe December 2014??

missymouseworld
11-16-2013, 08:23 AM
Great job on the pictures....thank you for letting us view the fun at the party! The castle is beautiful.

Have been to WDW many times, but never during Christmas season.....put it on my to do list.

DANAM
11-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Amazing pictures. Do you mind if I ask what camara you use? I currently have an slr and I am in the market for a new camara. I have been a little uneasy about crowds Christmas week but you report has me so excited. Everyone says focus more on whats going on around you and less on the rides and I totally get that from your review.

alongfortheride
11-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Amazing pictures. Do you mind if I ask what camara you use? I currently have an slr and I am in the market for a new camara.

These are from my iPad. :thumbsup:

j/k...I used my Canon 7D (http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_7d), EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS (http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/professional/lenses/ef_lenses/ef_s_17_55_f_2_8_is_usm), and 580EX II (http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/professional/professional_cameras/flashes/speedlite_580ex_ii) flash.

DANAM
11-16-2013, 10:26 AM
Lol I almost died! Thanks so much I will check that one out.

VWL Mom
11-16-2013, 07:55 PM
These are from my iPad. :thumbsup: :haha:

Wonderful pictures and great recap. Thanks for sharing the evening with those of us that can't get down in person.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-17-2013, 12:24 AM
Awesome!

PopPhan
11-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Great pics and report! Love MVMCP! Just bit pricey for me. Really making me excited for my trip in two weeks!!

Thanks!!!!

lawgirl
11-18-2013, 10:01 AM
Totally awesome pics! Thanks so much for sharing the magic! Getting so excited about our trip in 2 weeks!

hoop de do
11-18-2013, 04:38 PM
Great Pics - Nothing like a Disney Fix.
These pictures filled the bill.
Keep em' comin'.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

LadyGrimm
11-18-2013, 06:41 PM
Thank you thank you thank you!! I won't be making it down for Christmas this year, so now I can live vicariously through this post. I am so ready for Christmas. :santa:

SBETigg
11-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the great photos and report! I've never been to one of the Christmas party events, so I'm happy to know what goes on and consider attending in the future. :)

Lindsey310
11-18-2013, 10:42 PM
Great pics!!!!!!!! Makes me miss Christmas at WDW...next dec it is! :mickey:

82 days!!!! :cloud9:

TheVBs
11-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Love the pictures and report! Thank you! We went last year and loved the parade. Since the party was the only thing we did in the parks that trip, we did some party activities and some rides. Would love to go back this time of year again to really soak in all the party events.

Sylvia
11-21-2013, 01:16 AM
Finally - I've found a reason to keep signing on to Intercot.

I've always been one of those guests who stops to smell the roses and enjoy everything going on around me. I've been to WDW several times in early December and have attended the MVMCP a few times over the years. I've been known to go to the party twice during a trip :blush::blush::blush:

Thanks for the incredible photos and recap of the MVMCP, especially thank you for the photos of my favorites!! You've helped me relive the many fun times I've had at the party. I'm ready to go back, but that will have to wait until next year.

The magic is still alive and well in the Magic Kingdom.

cer
11-21-2013, 06:45 AM
Christine,

A special "Thank You" to you and John for the report and amazing pics.:thumbsup:

I really enjoyed them.:mickey: