PDA

View Full Version : Crowds die down when...?

Mitzie
11-15-2013, 02:19 PM
So between Christmas and New Years it is crazy busy..NY's is on a Tuesday this year..how soon after that will crowds go down do you think?

faline
11-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Actually, New Year will be on a Wednesday in 2014. How quickly the huge crowds die down will depend upon when most schools start up again.

Also, January sees a large influx of foreign tour groups which keeps things pretty busy.

AgentC
11-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Seasonal pass holders are blocked out from 12/19 to Friday 1/3. I know my kids don't go back to school until 1/7 but it varies by county. I could see seasonal pass holders hitting the parks on the weekend before kids go back.

JerseyDad
11-16-2013, 11:58 AM
....from my past experience with being at WDW from 12/26 to 1/3 ......on 1/3 ...the place became a ghost-town.

MCeee
11-18-2013, 11:36 AM
Based on my last few trips, [late April/early May 2013; late October early November 2011; mid-September 2010], the crowds die down each night after the parks close.

:)

Just a comment on the fact that the days of what my family considers low crowds seem to be in the past. Like 10 years past.

#1donaldfan
11-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Based on my last few trips, [late April/early May 2013; late October early November 2011; mid-September 2010], the crowds die down each night after the parks close.

:)

Just a comment on the fact that the days of what my family considers low crowds seem to be in the past. Like 10 years past.

hahaha!!! I was thinking the same thing....We did NYE once and it was crazy till pretty much the 2nd. I love it that time of year excpet NYE night at the MK ... it was INSANE !!! We didn't move as individuals, we moved as a mass !!! :thedolls:

DisnIse
11-20-2013, 10:46 AM
We love going to the parks on New Years Day morning when everyone else is sleeping off their late nights. We do our countdown at 9 or 10pm if we are feeling saucy and get a good night's sleep before hitting the parks at the rope drop. We're good to go until about noon when people roll out of bed!
Nothing is as crowded as NYE, so any day past Jan 1 is nice!

#1donaldfan
11-20-2013, 12:02 PM
We love going to the parks on New Years Day morning when everyone else is sleeping off their late nights. We do our countdown at 9 or 10pm if we are feeling saucy and get a good night's sleep before hitting the parks at the rope drop. We're good to go until about noon when people roll out of bed!
Nothing is as crowded as NYE, so any day past Jan 1 is nice!

I agree !! We open the MK up and stay till we cannot take it any longer....we watched the 360° fireworks once from the bus stop, or just before the stops .... not crowded, and it was incredible !!!

Mitzie
11-21-2013, 08:57 AM
Right now the day we would be hitting the parks is Thursday, January 2nd. Will it still be crazy? We have been the last few years in April either the week before or week after easter and didn't think it was to bad..What are your thoughts? We felt better when we saw that rooms were still available and sit down locations with decent times were still open on the 2nd.