PDA

View Full Version : Made FP+ Bookings for January

GoBlueLacheta
11-13-2013, 06:43 PM
While I'm unsure if the program is completely implemented during our mid-January visit, we were able to book 3 FP+ experiences/attractions per day during our stay.

*Giving Options A, B, C, D (Best Match) for your FP experiences seems backwards considering we had to go back in and go to modify FP+ and get better times that coordinated with our schedule more than the pre-set original selections

*EPCOT- seems to have the worst layout as you can only book 1 top tier experience/ride Soarin/Illuminations/Test Track/Fairytale.

..Tier 2 FP+ selections are rides/attractions you rarely need FP for rendering them almost useless.

*The system does not allow you to book FP+ for rides/attractions that are scheduled to be down for refurbishment

*system recognizes if you have attached plans that interfere with FP+ selections.

*was able to book right at 60 days out for my entire vacation similar to ADR's releasing for your stay.

*Process takes a long time and the server does crash occasionally. Also got error message that we've run out of selections for members of our party even though we hadn't.

Kenny1113
11-14-2013, 03:40 AM
I agree it was not a smooth process for us either. I had to sit on the phone with the other party traveling with us to coordinate the FP+ times. :(

I can see this being very confusing/difficult for those not very computer savvy. (It was a little for me and I am computer savvy)

Ms. Mode
11-14-2013, 07:29 AM
Well, I'm not computer savvy but I had zero trouble scheduling the FP+...but...the times available are going to make it rough with the ADRs we have scheduled etc.

I'm not going to worry the issue though; if we miss the FP+ time we can go standby or just give it a miss until later when the crowd has thinned. :thumbsup:

Kenny1113
11-14-2013, 08:16 AM
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Well, I'm not computer savvy but I had zero trouble scheduling the FP+...

Awesome! :thumbsup:

*NikkiJ*
11-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Im hoping to book my Fp+ for January soon, too. I take it you arrive around the 13th, so I got 4 more days til my 60 day mark and hopefully can use my FP+ fingers crossed!

PopPhan
11-14-2013, 02:40 PM
Im hoping to book my Fp+ for January soon, too. I take it you arrive around the 13th, so I got 4 more days til my 60 day mark and hopefully can use my FP+ fingers crossed!

You can check on MDE any time now....The 60 day thing is a "guide".....Some get the ability before 60, some after. My first opportunity was day 57.

Just keep checking....

GoBlueLacheta
11-14-2013, 08:27 PM
We were able to essentially get every "time window" we wanted. It did take some doing because we had to sometimes schedule a time we didn't want out of the presets because you can't have two FP in the same window.

Something that is nice is that at DHS especially you can have FP that back up to one another for Rockin Roller Coaster and ToT.

As far as planning is concerned, our excel spreadsheet does get a little crowed :mickey:

We are planners, and it is nice to have your headliner FP's when you exactly want them in your day (for the most part). More and more is coming clear but the only true unknown is the impact on standby lines throughout the different park crowd levels.