PDA

View Full Version : Prices for parks week 12/21 - 12/28

Vicki971
11-13-2013, 05:05 PM
HI
We are going to WDW the week of 12/21 to 12/28 wondering if anyone knows what the prices are for that week - and if there is anything extra they do on Christmas Eve and/or Day.

1DisneyNut
11-13-2013, 05:09 PM
HI
We are going to WDW the week of 12/21 to 12/28 wondering if anyone knows what the prices are for that week - and if there is anything extra they do on Christmas Eve and/or Day.

If you haven't already made reservations for that week, you may just think you are going that week. I would imagine they are close to booked at all of the resorts. If you do find something, it is the most expensive rates of the year and there are no discounts available. It is the busiest time of the year, it will be packed and the parks will fill to capacity early.

mom2morgan
11-13-2013, 05:49 PM
The prices are such a "moving target" they change so frequently you really have to check the official website. And yes, they do a ton of special activities for Christmas, but here's the problem: This is THE.BUSIEST.TIME to go to Disney. If you are staying ON site you should at least be able to get into the parks. If you are staying OFF site be prepared to be there FIRST thing in the morning because if they fill to capacity, you are out of luck. Also, at this time of year, don't expect to ride many rides. They will be packed with very long lines (I seriously heard of someone standing in line for 4 hours to go on Soarin' - that's nuts!) so plan instead to enjoy the shows, parades and fireworks. Perhaps resort hop to take in the decorations. Plan on counter service meals because you won't be able to get many reservations at this point for sit down. Again, the official site has calendars of all the events. Please give us a little more detail - where you are staying and such so we can help you more! I'm not sure if you are a first timer or a veteran...

Aurora
11-13-2013, 11:30 PM
Are you asking about ticket prices? If so, they are the same as any other time of year, no difference for the holidays. There are special nighttime Christmas parties at the Magic Kingdom that are only held on certain dates and require a separately paid ticket.

Ms. Mode
11-14-2013, 07:37 AM
It is busy, but doable! Christmas and New Year's at WDW is wonderful. Don't get discouraged, just plan on a crowd and then you won't be surprised. We have been during the holidays several times and the parks were full to capacity and were still able to do everything we wanted. As the previous poster stated; plan on parades, shows, dining etc if a ride has to long a wait time for you. The longest wait I have ever seen is 120 minutes...doable. :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
11-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Are you asking about ticket prices? If so, they are the same as any other time of year, no difference for the holidays. There are special nighttime Christmas parties at the Magic Kingdom that are only held on certain dates and require a separately paid ticket.

Th last Christmas party this year is on 12/20 I think so the OP will not be able to attend a party if they are arriving on the 21st.