PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands

DDawg1968
11-13-2013, 10:53 AM
Just booked at trip for March :mickey:

Question about the Magic Bands, how secure are they, meaning will it be easy for the band to slip off my 9 yr olds wrist? What happens if we lose a band. Do you take them off to swim or bathe or at the water parks, or do they just stay on the whole time you are there?

Thanks

Itchy
11-13-2013, 12:07 PM

Question about the Magic Bands, how secure are they, meaning will it be easy for the band to slip off my 9 yr olds wrist? What happens if we lose a band. Do you take them off to swim or bathe or at the water parks, or do they just stay on the whole time you are there?

Thanks

Well I am looking at mine right now as I just got it delivered by UPS. It looks like it is water proof but the instructions do not say one way or the other about getting it wet.

I think that once it is on unless it gets caught on stuff it should stay on. There are instructions in the bottom of the box that shows you how to size it.

I would think that someone who has already used them can comment about the water and how well they stay on.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

29 days and counting till next trip..:thumbsup:

squijee
11-13-2013, 12:15 PM
How do you link more than one dining reservation? I could only get one of mine linked up.

Itchy
11-13-2013, 12:21 PM
If you have the reservation number for each you should be able to do it that way.

If you log into My Disney Experience and go to reservations it should show your room reservations and a place where you can enter your dining reservations. You will need the confirmation number for each and the last name that they were made under. This should link them for you.

Disney Goof
11-13-2013, 04:48 PM
The Magic Bands are water proof. You can swim, bathe, ride water rides, etc with them. It is great because you don't have to take your KTW card with you to the pool.

They stay on really well, unless you child plays with it, it should stay on. There is a way to make it smaller, but make sure that the smaller size will fit because you can't go back to a big size. You peel the gray part off and it makes it smaller.

We didn't lose any of ours, but if you do they can cancel it and issue a new one based off your DisneyExperience ap.

Enjoy, wish we were back there now.:mickey:

gueli
11-14-2013, 03:42 AM
first - congrats on your next trip.
second - the bands are great. I enjoyed being able to swim and not have to worry where my key cad is.
my daughter is 11. no issues when it was on her wrist.
you can take them off easily and carry them in a pocket if you choose.
You can allow the band to be able to charge items to your room, but you do not have to...
You will need it to enter the parks and to get into your fast pass + times.

Do not forget to customize your bands ( I forget how far out you can do that).

:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
11-14-2013, 11:02 PM

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about them slipping off your 9 year old's arm... They are adjustable, and will fit most any wrist...

If you lose your band, you go to Guest Services and they should replace it for you, for free... The second time you lose it, I believe you may have to pay... Unless they haven't implemented that just yet (if ever)...

The bands are water proof so you can swim with them, or shower with them.. No, you do not have to keep them on the entire time...