PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands and APs

magicofdisney
11-12-2013, 08:53 AM
We checked in yesterday at POR with our box of Magic Bands. I checked in online way back when. We got here at 10:30am and our room was ready. The lobby was PACKED so I was pleasantly surprised to get the room. As I was standing in line waiting for the next available CM, another CM walked up to me with an iPad and pulled me aside to check me in. It was very quick and efficient. In about 10 min we had our welcome package, our room keys and we were off to our room.

The first snag we hit was that the pin I selected at home was not accepted at the food court register when we grabbed lunch. Fortunately, they're still giving out KTTW cards as back up because not all venues are Magic Band capable. Because we had our cards, I was able to use that to purchase the lunches, on the dining plan. After lunch I had to go over to concierge to get my pin situation corrected. Again, it was quick and efficient, once I finally got to a CM.

Our first stop was MK. I went to Guest Services because I had concerns about our 2day ticket on our Bands. We're AP holders and I didn't quite understand how the system would distinguish between using the AP or one of our 2day tickets for park entry. I asked the CM to remove the 2day ticket from our Bands. I then asked if he could link our APs to our Bands in which he replied they already were. I had somehow inadvertently done this myself when working with my account online. Don't ask me how I did it because I need to do the same thing with an AP I purchased yesterday for one of my daughters and I can't figure out how to do it. :confused: Yesterday was the first time we used those Magic Ear stands at entry, so I had not realized you need to physically touch an admission ticket to the Mickey head to activate entry. Otherwise I would not have been confused about our APs and 2day tickets getting crossed. However, because the Band initially held our APs and 2day ticket, I'm still unclear how the system makes the choice. I'm assuming the APs take priority.

All that being said, it was fairly smooth sailing. The kinks were minimal and easily resolved. As of yesterday we hadn't experienced a vendor that didn't accept the Band. Of course, we had limited exposure only being in one park and not making excessive purchases. Our FP+ experience was relatively painless. There are definite positives for the whole experience.

Ms. Mode
11-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Very refreshing to read a (somewhat) positive review of the MB!

Hope the rest of your trip goes off without a hitch. :thumbsup: