PDA

View Full Version : Fax Requests

Poohbear88
11-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Does anyone know if you can still fax room requests to Pop Century? We are traveling with 2 parties and I would like to request that we are at least in the same building.

KylesMom
11-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Unfortunately not. Disney quit accepting faxed requests quite awhile back.

This would be a request to place on your original reservation. :mickey:

brownie
11-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Just make sure it's noted on your reservation. You can call to add it or have your travel agent take care of it. They should work with you at check-in to grant it if it's not granted during room assignment.

1DisneyNut
11-12-2013, 09:02 AM
This begs the question, who still has and uses a fax machine? lol

I actually had someone ask me for my fax number the other day and I just started laughing. After realizing they were actually serious, I had to explain that I had my business fax number turned off 7 years ago as it is outdated technology. We use email and websites to exchange information these days.

Note it on your reservation, that is the purpose of the requests space. If you can't add it to your current reservation online, email reservations and include both of your parties reservation numbers. We did this about 7 or 8 years ago when some family decided to go at the same time and it was no problem.

Ms. Mode
11-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Ummm, well I still have a fax machine and use it every day! And...this is a fairly HUGE business I represent that has several locations and we all use the fax.

And, I have sent fax room requests for the past 5 years and every one of them have been honored. I actually didn't know you could do that until I started reading Intercot. When I have requested rooms when making the reservation they were not honored, but like the said, the FAX request has always been. :thumbsup:

1DisneyNut
11-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Ummm, well I still have a fax machine and use it every day! And...this is a fairly HUGE business I represent that has several locations and we all use the fax.
:thumbsup:

Typical corporate business where you work I guess......10 years behind on technology. It is completely insane to be using a fax machine at this day and age. You can send an email in seconds and for free vs. using a fax that takes forever and paying for long distance charges.

What cracks me up is I have watched people print something out from their computer, take the printout and stick it in a fax machine and proceed to fax it to someone. All of that instead of just attaching the document to an email and clicking send. It literally took them 5 minutes to do what I could have done in less than 30 seconds without even getting out of the chair. To top it all off, I can do every bit of it with my smart phone now......Scan a document, attach it to email and send it in a minute or less.

Why not just use technology and make life easier?