PDA

View Full Version : First Ride and Meal

finaldynasty
11-11-2013, 12:55 PM
I will be heading to WDW the first weekend of Flower and Garden in March solo. I am curious about what your first ride and/or meal would be if you were traveling alone and the decision was yours and not based on family wants....:mickey: Have a Magical Day!!

faline
11-11-2013, 01:02 PM
I enjoy so many rides at Disney World, I'd be hard pressed to pick one that would be my must-do first ride. Since the Magic Kingdom is my favorite park, I might head there first.

I'm not sure what I would do about dining. If I wanted some alone time, I might pick something up to bring back to my room or order from room service. If I were feeling sociable, I might select one of the venues where you can dine at the bar or in a group setting (like Biergarten at Germany). If I were somewhere in between, I might pick a pleasant table service restaurant and bring my Nook with me.

tiggerbuddy
11-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Pirates & Peco's Bills...:mickey:

BryanChuckles
11-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Tonga Toast at the Kona Cafe and then a quick ride on The Jungle Cruise.

tundramom
11-11-2013, 08:23 PM
POTC and Cosmic Ray's!
I know there are so many better food choices, and I do enjoy really great food, but Ray's makes it Disney for me!

GoldenAurora
11-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Depends on which park you start at. For MK, I'd have to say Pirates and an egg roll from the Asventureland egg roll cart. Sometimes I start my Disney time at HS though, where I LOVE The Great Movie Ride and '50s Primetime Cafe.

disney obsessed
11-11-2013, 08:57 PM
I always go to MK first. When I go alone I rarely have a plan. I "feel" my way through the parks. Whatever feels right at the moment since there isn't anyone else to consult. :cool:

chefmickey3
11-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Interesting question...as a mother of three and married to a huge Disney fan, I don't see this EVER happening. But if it did, I would pick Magic Kingdom...Haunted Mansion...Columbia Harbour House.

Kerry823
11-11-2013, 10:45 PM
It used to be MK, the Bakery, Pirates. However, the change to Starbucks has ruined the magic for me. Starbucks is a regular thing at home so I don't want it or need it at Disney. So, now it will be EPCOT, Soarin, France Bakery.

finaldynasty
11-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Interesting question...as a mother of three and married to a huge Disney fan, I don't see this EVER happening. But if it did, I would pick Magic Kingdom...Haunted Mansion...Columbia Harbour House.

I'm a father of 3 and my wife has been gracious enough to allow me to take this trip after I sent her on a cruise for her 40th last week. I am celebrating my 40th, which is the only reason why I would take this trip. I am bringing the family down in June after we all are out of school. I think I might start in Epcot, but MK seems tempting.

Goes4FastPass
11-15-2013, 01:52 PM
I would NOT make plans. I'd follow my nose and whim. It's not like I have others to "take care of."

DANAM
11-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Lol pirates and pecos for us too! Our first trip pirates was mid way through rehab and openned for a couple days. We arrived on the last day so we rushed there first. Ever since then we always start there. This trip we are starting in DHS so I think we are just going to wing it.

Lizzie
11-15-2013, 05:29 PM
If it was Magic Kingdom I would say a Dole Whip and Big Thunder Mountain.

Though if it was night I would go to Downtown Disney grab a Earl of Sandwich and walk through the stores to see what I would bring home for my kids.

denygold
11-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Pirates and Colombia Harbor House if I turn left, TTA and Cosmic Ray's if I turn right.

SBETigg
11-15-2013, 06:15 PM
I was there solo last season at that time and will be again this coming year (mostly solo, while my husband attends a conference). My first ride was Soarin' and my first meal was snacking my way around the Food and Wine booths they have up during the Flower and Garden Festival.

RavsRuleDisney!
11-18-2013, 12:28 PM
If starting at Epcot you can't go wrong with the number of dining choices you have. Le Cellier maybe....And I would hit up TT as ride numero uno....

The Hitchhiking Ghost
11-18-2013, 01:40 PM
It just wouldn't feel right for me to start any trip to WDW by walking down Mainstreet at the MK.

That being said, it would be a toss-up between POTC or HM and most likely Colombia Harbor House for some fish n chips.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Haunted Mansion for the ride. I've never been to California Grill and I think I would go sit at the bar and eat sushi

finaldynasty
11-19-2013, 10:39 PM
I will arrive around 8:30 in the morning to MCO and will take Magical Express to my resort. I should be in the parks by 10:30 am at the latest.

It was recommend to me to to to Earl of Sandwich for breakfast and take a bus to MK to stroll down Main Street and head directly to New Fantasyland. I am leaning towards Pirates or Haunted and might have an early lunch at Columbia...Hey calories don't count at WDW...:mickey:

Gator
11-20-2013, 04:37 PM
For me, I'd go eat at Sassagoula at POFQ (where I'd be staying) and have some good fried chicken and ribs, topped off with those yummy begneigts for dessert. Then I'd head over to the Studios and ride the Tower of Terror.... and throw it all up:ack:

Katzateer
11-21-2013, 08:59 AM
I have gone solo for Epcot flower show- hopefully they will have EMH the morning you go to EPCOT. Walk around Future world to see all the flowers, eat in France, then walk around WS and check out all the displays. Then you will have seen all the special displays. I also stop at each food booth and get one item, if I find something that looks good.

I take lots of pictures so I like to get the viewing of all the beautiful flowers done first thing before the crowds build. Then I walk around and do whatever I find interesting the rest of my day.

The best food I got last year were heirloom tomato salad and the brisket at American Adventures. And the dole whip :cloud9:

The French bakery opens early and has a lot of great choices,

Have fun! Love going to WDW that time of year!!

finaldynasty
12-09-2013, 10:40 PM
For me, I'd go eat at Sassagoula at POFQ (where I'd be staying) and have some good fried chicken and ribs, topped off with those yummy begneigts for dessert. Then I'd head over to the Studios and ride the Tower of Terror.... and throw it all up:ack:

Outstanding idea!! that is a perfect meal. I was thinking about going to Earl of Sandwich but you might have the front runner

JerseyDad
12-11-2013, 10:16 AM
.....since Epcot is always our first park ....we hit Spaceship Earth (always) first ...and then end up in the World Showcase for lunch (or dinner). As that's the case ..and based on our "touring pattern" there, (clockwise) we seem to always have our first meal in Mexico ...BECAUSE ...I can have a tequila flight ...and the wife can have a margarita (do 'liquid meals' count?) :beer: :marg:

Anthony007
12-15-2013, 07:03 PM
The Grand Sandwich at GFC and then off to Pirates!