PDA

View Full Version : Question about Fast Pass+

ILoveMickey'77
11-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Tomorrow marks the 180 day mark until my next trip, so I am working on scheduling our trip. We typically will hit one park in the morning and another one in the afternoon. Will this be possible with fast pass +? Are your fast pass times pretty close together or attached out through the day? Do you get several options to choose from? Any advice would be appreciated! I consider myself somewhat of a WDW planning expert but FP+ has made me feel like a rookie.

And all of this is assuming FP+ is the same as we know it today, which seems to change all.of.the.time.

Scrappy2
11-10-2013, 08:36 AM
As of right now you can only book your FP for one park. We just got back and what we did was book our FP for the afternoon park. We got to the first park at park opening and could do most of what we wanted without needing FP. I hear that they are changing FP at Epcot and you can only book one Major ride with your FP (Sorin, test track). If that is the case then this would not work if Epcot was your afternoon park. Standby lines for those rides were worst now because of FP+. If times are available you can get your FP close together.

Tekneek
11-10-2013, 08:55 AM
True about Epcot. You can book 1 of Test Track, Soarin', or Maelstrom, and then have to use the other 2 for attractions that most likely won't need them. I ended up using one for Turtle Talk for one of the kids, so we could walk up late and still get in. They aren't really needed for anything outside of the top couple of attractions. This approach overall would be bad, and is especially bad at Epcot since it will point out the obvious attraction quality issues at that park.

The most unfortunate part of FP+ is that nothing at the website or in the MDE app makes it clear to newbies which attractions they really need FP+ for and those they could very likely walk onto.

mickclub1955
11-10-2013, 08:55 AM
With the new FP+ you only get three passes per day (extras if you use them for dining such as BOG rest. in MK. It will not count against your attraction fp)and that only is for one park. It is a great disadvantage for park hoppers. :mad: Of course it is all in the testing phase right now and no one knows what it will all look like when the actual debacle roles out. It was only recently that the Epcot change took effect. You cannot pick Sourin' and Test Track and Maelstrom together right now. Only Soarin' or Test Track or Maelstrom. Forgot what else was on that list. Mission Space is not on the special list. Whatever the case, you still have about 120 days before you can even make your selections. That happens at 60 days out. Happy planning!!!!!

ILoveMickey'77
11-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Thanks everyone. I do realize I can only get them for one park per day, but let's say I get 3 ride passes, are they close together time wise or spread throughout the day.

mickclub1955
11-10-2013, 09:05 AM
You pick the attractions and they give you a couple of scenarios to pick from. Then after you pick which scenario you want you can go back in and make changes. I am park hopping also on my trip and also going to eat at a resort so I had time restraints so I needed my times pretty close together. They gave me an ideal scenario that day so that was the one I picked. Mine were pretty close together. On another day, I am not hopping and the times I picked weren't close together. They do give you the option to go in and make any changes. At 60 days out, most options are wide open.

Scrappy2
11-10-2013, 09:06 AM
We were able to get ours very close together. I had lunch in the middle one day so I choose to have them spread out some that day.

gerald72
11-10-2013, 09:07 AM
You can get them three consecutive hours, say, 5-6 pm, 6-7 pm, and 7-8 pm.