PDA

View Full Version : Desserts (and Drinks) Around the World

GoldenAurora
11-09-2013, 11:24 AM
I love food, it's just a matter of fact, and Disney gives us so many great options its always hard to choose. Usually I plan for a couple sit-down meals each day throughout my trip but reserve one day for a "grazing day." We'll have one main sit-down meal (maybe) and then stop here and there for small bites of our choosing, be it an eggroll in Adventureland, a carrot cake cookie at the Writer's Stop, or an empanada and a margarita at the Mexico pavilion (yes, margaritas are a food group to me!) :marg:

I'm sure there are several posts related to drinking around the World Showcase (and I'm always up for hearing about everyone's favorite adult beverages!) but I'm really curious as to what you sweet-toothed people love! I particularly like the desserts at Kringla Bakeri og Kafe. Anyone else?

SBETigg
11-09-2013, 12:09 PM
I like to stop and a get a little something at Karamell Kuche. I love the lemon tarts at the Les Halles bakery in France, and also the crepes at the stand in France, with ice cream and chocolate or strawberry.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Pastries at the French Pavilion, churros in Mexico and I love the chocolate covered caramel pecan patties at the candy store on Main St.

mickclub1955
11-09-2013, 04:05 PM
DW loves the mickey gingerbread men. Thought they were gone forever when on our last trip the bakery in Germany had been replaced and there were none to be found. Finally found them at two places in Downtown Disney.

Pop Centurion
11-10-2013, 05:19 PM
The caramel apple oatmeal cookie & salted dark chocolate caramel from Karamell Kuche are must haves for us. School Bread also but we tend to get that late & take it back to the room.

BrerGnat
11-10-2013, 05:57 PM
That ice cream at the new place in France is fantastic! I had the salted caramel and also the chocolate on a cone. It was decadent.

I also love Karamell Kuche. So many good things in there. They have a new caramel cheesecake that has my name on it.

Pop Centurion
11-10-2013, 07:26 PM
That ice cream at the new place in France is fantastic! I had the salted caramel and also the chocolate on a cone. It was decadent.

I also love Karamell Kuche. So many good things in there. They have a new caramel cheesecake that has my name on it.

The ice cream topped with liquor & the cheesecake you mentioned is definitely on my "to try" list for our upcoming trip.

Hammer
11-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Oh, there are so many things to enjoy in World Showcase that fit the bill!

Anything from Les Halles in France, be it sweet or savory. I pair either with a nice glass of champagne.
Grand Marnier Slush- dessert and drink in one beautiful package!
Margarita in Mexico, either from the stand or La Cava del Tequila.
Fish and Chips in England paired with a hard cider
Anything from Karamell Kuche is wonderful!
Gelato in Italy with a glass of Prosecco

RavsRuleDisney!
11-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Pastries at the French Pavilion, churros in Mexico

Win/Win on both....I guess my annual turkey leg grab isn't considered a "sweet" treat but I add it in to any thread I can!! :thumbsup:

GoldenAurora
11-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Win/Win on both....I guess my annual turkey leg grab isn't considered a "sweet" treat but I add it in to any thread I can!! :thumbsup:

I always get a turkey leg at some point during my trip too, even though I've never even finished half and usually end up throwing the rest away if no one wants to share!

HoosierDisneyFan
11-13-2013, 07:08 PM
Strawberry Tart from France and Turkey Leg shaped Rice Krispy Treat are 2 of my favorites that haven't been mentioned already.

twinboyz
11-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Good to hear everyone's favorites.. I see I've been missing out on the Germany goodies!:blush:

We always have a margarita, from the inside bar of Mexico:marg:. Grand Mariner Slush. Baklava in Morocco.

It's always tough to make ressies when we are spending the day at EPCOT.. there are too many choices for sampling as the day goes by.:D