PDA

View Full Version : specialty cards from resort

Lana
11-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Hello!
My husband and I will be arriving on the 12th at CBR. His father passed away last week (and our cat to boot!) and I was hoping that they could leave a sympathy card from Mickey in the room as a surprise like they do for our anniversary. First I called the regular reservation line. The CM was incredibly nice and sympathetic. She directed me to the resort so I could speak with them personally about the matter. I called the resort and they said that it was a touchy matter and that it could not be done but they would leave a welcome card. Both of the people I spoke with were very rude about it. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I didn't think it was a huge request that wouldn't be possible, however odd. Were the CM's clueless or is this really something they cannot do?
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. It's been an incredibly hard couple of weeks for us and I was hoping I could arrange something special for him.
Thanks for taking the time to read this!
~Lana

Tink1
11-08-2013, 02:54 PM
I have never heard of a sympathy card being left and would bet they do not have them.

Nanc

VWL Mom
11-08-2013, 03:13 PM
My deepest condolences on the passing of your FIL (and the cat). It's never an easy time.

The only card I've every seen is the Mickey and Gang photo and they write Happy Birthday, Anniversary, etc.

In all honesty I think the Welcome Card would be a better idea. If I were in your DH's shoes the last thing I would want is a reminder of what I had just left behind. The Welcome Card would be more cheery.

brownie
11-08-2013, 09:32 PM
You might try getting something from the Walt Disney World Florist.

JoDisney
11-09-2013, 06:17 AM
Honestly, a card from Mickey concerning his dad's death is not a good idea. Think about it. I am sorry for your husband's loss.

mickclub1955
11-09-2013, 09:08 AM

I second this. :thumbsup:

Lindsey
11-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Another vote for the Walt Disney World Florist. I had flowers delivered to my parents resort room a few years ago. They were so surprised! :mickey:

1DisneyNut
11-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Honestly, a card from Mickey concerning his dad's death is not a good idea. Think about it. I am sorry for your husband's loss.

I agree with this^^^

I personally would not want to be reminded about it as soon as I got to WDW. My thought process would be "Dang Mickey, why did you have to bring it up as soon as I walked in." I can see why they don't want to get involved with something like that.....what if it upset him so bad he wanted to just go back home and he blamed it all on Mickey?

I would prefer the Magic sweep me away from it all for a few days. Maybe do something to add to the magic instead.

GoldenAurora
11-12-2013, 06:40 PM

Another vote for this idea.

Lindsey310
11-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Another vote for the Walt Disney World Florist. I had flowers delivered to my parents resort room a few years ago. They were so surprised! :mickey:

Another vote for this!!!! :mickey:

minnie04
11-13-2013, 09:16 AM
In all honesty I think the Welcome Card would be a better idea. If I were in your DH's shoes the last thing I would want is a reminder of what I had just left behind. The Welcome Card would be more cheery.

I would agree with the post above. My condolences to your husband and family on the loss of his father. Condolences on the loss of your cat as well. I would think a nice happy greeting would put him in a better mood for the vacation. It won't ease the pain, but it might put a smile on his face knowing he is thought of.

Walt Disney World Florist!!! Have a nice bright arrangement sent to the room just to welcome you both.