PDA

View Full Version : Pop Warner history?

denygold
11-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Is there any record of which resorts have been used for the Pop Warner teams in december historically? I get the impression that All Star Sports is used- but they seem to also use one or two other resorts as well.

Lana
11-08-2013, 02:39 PM
I know that they have stayed at Caribbean Beach before.

Middle of the Map
11-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if Disney would post the dates and resorts where Pop Warner kids are going to be located? I'm guessing they are mostly at All Stars because of the cost.

JerseyDad
12-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if Disney would post the dates and resorts where Pop Warner kids are going to be located? I'm guessing they are mostly at All Stars because of the cost.

...they get spread out sometimes. Yes ...All-Stars is one ...but they have also been at CB ...and at Port Orleans on occasions.

....I should have asked our friend for specifics. She'll be there next week with her daughter and the Pop Warner crowd for the competitions.

d_m_n_n
12-09-2013, 12:08 PM
We encountered them at POR...but that's probably been 10 years ago now...

SurferStitch
12-16-2013, 12:04 PM
We saw some at AoA last week during our stay.

I have to say, the kids we saw in the parks this year were quite well behaved. I was really impressed. I saw some chaparones really keeping them in check.

Now, the Brazillian groups, that was another story... :shake: Obnoxious!

Ian
12-16-2013, 01:20 PM
My daughter is a Pop Warner cheerleader and we actually just got back from competing in Nationals last week (her squad took 3rd place :D ).

They're really spread out all over the place, but the primary resorts are the All Stars (all of them ... my daughter was in Music), Pop Century, Port Orleans, and Caribbean Beach.

I don't believe any of the squads stay in Deluxe resorts, though.

Katzateer
12-17-2013, 05:45 PM
I have to say, the kids we saw in the parks this year were quite well behaved. I was really impressed. I saw some chaparones really keeping them in check.

!

Our week stay starting December 2nd at POP we saw lots of Pop Warner groups and had no problems. I agree that they seemed to be well managed. In past years we had lots of problems but this year, they were great!:thumbsup:

Angelgirl65
12-18-2013, 09:20 AM
In 2013, the choices were Disney’s All-Star Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort and Disney’s Pop Century Resort (for Mitey Mites football/cheerleaders only).

In 2012, the choices were Disney’s All-Star Resorts, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort or Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. POR was under rehab at the time.

In 2011, the choices were Disney’s All-Star Resorts or Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort.

In 2010, the choices were Disney’s All-Star Resorts or Disney’s Port Orleans Resort.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 were the same as 2010.

dkmwong
12-29-2013, 09:31 PM
Do you know when the dates are typically for the pop Warner competitions?

JerseyDad
12-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Do you know when the dates are typically for the pop Warner competitions?

....1st week of December (depending on how the week falls in the calendar ...maybe extends into the 2nd week)

denygold
01-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Thanks Angelgirl!