PDA

View Full Version : La Hacienda vs. San Angel Inn

GoldenAurora
11-07-2013, 09:51 PM
I'm still toying with places to eat on our trip this month. I've never been to either La Hacienda de San Angel or San Angel Inn Restaurante -- is one preferable over the other in terms of food and atmosphere, or are they pretty comparable? Thoughts and advice much appreciated! :sombrero:

SBETigg
11-07-2013, 11:00 PM
Hacienda might have better food of the two. Reviews for Hacienda are generally better than for San Angel Inn. Though I've always had good meals at San Angel Inn, it gets some scathing reviews. Especially from those used to Tex Mex or California Mexican food.

Atmosphere, both are good depending on your interest. San Angel Inn has a unique, dark atmosphere along the river overlooking an Aztec pyramid and a smoking volcano (effects from the ride in the pavilion). But tables are really close together. Hacienda is on the lagoon and you can get some lovely views of World Showcase and Illuminations at the right time of night.

faline
11-08-2013, 07:22 AM
I like both. During daytime hours, parts of the indoor section of La Hacienda serve as dining areas for the quick service venue. I've only eaten at La Hacienda for dinner once but would definitely return. I've eaten at San Angel a number of times and, yes, it has not gotten the best reviews but I've always like my meals there.

San Angel is very dark (you might even need a flashlight to read your menu) but the atmosphere is rather romantic - sort of like eating on a plaza by the river after dark. The tables along the water rail are much sought after. The last time we sat in this location, though, it was rather annoying. It felt like we were being flashed every few minutes by folks in the boats passing by snapping pictures.

La Hacienda is located along the waterfront lagoon of Epcot. It has large windows and dining is arranged so that even those tables agains the wall have a view to the lagoon. We dined a bit earlier in the evening so were not planning to stay for Illuminations. We were one table back from the window but even this location would have afforded a nice view of the show.

TheDuckRocks
11-08-2013, 10:11 AM
San Angel Inn and La Hacienda in Epcot and also Maya Grill at Coronado Springs Resort are all owned by the same company. I would go to San Angel Inn for the atmosphere and La Hacienda for viewing the fireworks. Presently we find Maya Grill to have the food we like best. We do eat at all 3 and have enjoyed the food at all of them.

Beach Club Babe
11-09-2013, 10:23 AM
I prefer San Angel Inn. Our experience at La Hacienda was awful in September. Theme is also definitely better at San Angel.

MNNHFLTX
11-09-2013, 10:49 AM
I also think La Hacienda has better food, but I think everyone should dine at least once at San Angel Inn. The food is okay (and I live in Texas where there's a Mexican or Tex-Mex place on every other block), but it's the ambience and theming that make the experience.

Hmm, maybe you can do both? ;)

GoldenAurora
11-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Hmm, maybe you can do both? ;)

If it was just me, I would in a heartbeat! I love trying all the different restaurants Disney has to offer. But I think my fiancé wants to do more than just eat! Lol

Pop Centurion
11-09-2013, 01:05 PM
We love La Hacienda & it's one of if not our favorite Epcot TS. San Angel Inn was just so-so as far as food but the atmosphere is great.

If you can get an ADR for La Hacienda close to Illuminations, do it. This enhances the total experience while dining there. It's not guaranteed but we had an ADR at 7:30 one night & our server slowed our service so we would still be there for Illuminations during dessert. ;)