PDA

View Full Version : Disney Infinity: Discussion & Power Disc Trading Post

Elias1901
11-07-2013, 11:41 AM
I'm not sure how there hasn't already been a thread started for fans of the Disney Infinity video game, unless I've missed something. I'm just thinking that not many board members here on ICOT are big video gamers as I am. Anyway, I thought I'd start up a little area for fans of the game to discuss it and potentially try and trade power discs with other members as I've seen done elsewhere. Below, I've got a list of power discs that I'm looking to trade and a few discs that I am looking for, which suprisingly aren't even rares. Hopefully there's some more players out there!

UP FOR TRADE

C.H.R.O.M.E. Damage Control (x3)
Mickey's Car (x1)
Cinderella's Coach (x4)
Khan the Horse (x1)
Stitch's Lasergun (x1)
Alice in Wonderland - Texture Set (x2)
Alice in Wonderland - Skydome (x2)
Tangled Lantern - Texture Set (x1)
Tangled Lantern - Skydome (x1)
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster - RARE (x1)
Mike's New Car - RARE (x2)

SEARCHING FOR

Sugar Rush - Skydome (x1)
Fiding Nemo - Skydome (x1)

yjgirl32
11-07-2013, 06:24 PM
We just bought some for our son and he will open them in a couple of days. I/he will be willing to trade.

Elias1901
11-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Just bought a pack of power discs last night and managed to snag the "Sugar Rush - Skydome" disc that I was searching for... as well as a rare disc too, Abu the Elephant! I am putting that one up for trade too, as I already own it. That just leaves the Nemo piece! Here's my updated listings:

UP FOR TRADE

Mickey's Car (x1)
Cinderella's Coach (x4)
Khan the Horse (x1)
Stitch's Lasergun (x1)
Abu the Elephant - RARE (x1)

SEARCHING FOR

Patricia
11-09-2013, 03:55 AM
We have Infinity on order, but haven't received it yet. We moved a couple of months ago and I have yet to figure out which TV will be connected to the Xbox, but I really need to get things like that done.. So busy! :blush:

DisnIse
11-10-2013, 04:58 PM
My boys will trade their Nemo for the tangled lantern power disc. Just to make sure, theirs has a picture of Nemo on it and a purple stripe with a paintbrush?

Elias1901
11-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Through a recent trade, I was able to complete my Series 1 disc collection. In the process, my previously posted trade list has been changed. Here's the updated list:

UP FOR TRADE

C.H.R.O.M.E. Damage Control (x2)
Pieces of Eight (x1)
Mickey's Car (x1)
Cinderella's Coach (x4)
Khan the Horse (x1)
Stitch's Lasergun (x1)
Alice in Wonderland - Texture Set (x3)

My boys will trade their Nemo for the tangled lantern power disc. Just to make sure, theirs has a picture of Nemo on it and a purple stripe with a paintbrush?

Not necessarily. There are two hexagonal discs with Nemo on it in the Series 1 discs. One is a texture set (changes the ground environment) and one is a skydome (changes the look of the sky). Both have paintbrush icons as they both modify the style of the Toy Box. However, the one you seem to be describing sounds like the texture set disc. I was previously searching for the skydome disc, which has Nemo on it with a view of the ocean depths behind him. :nemo:

Aurora
11-29-2013, 11:12 AM
My DS age 9 is asking for this for Christmas, but I'm NOT a gamer and I have no idea what he'll need to have a good experience. We have an Xbox 360 and I'm assuming we'll need the starter pack, but then what? More characters or power discs? Any suggestions?

Elias1901
12-02-2013, 10:56 AM
My DS age 9 is asking for this for Christmas, but I'm NOT a gamer and I have no idea what he'll need to have a good experience. We have an Xbox 360 and I'm assuming we'll need the starter pack, but then what? More characters or power discs? Any suggestions?

This really all depends on what your son enjoys in a game.

Yes, you'll need the Xbox 360 Starter Pack, for sure. From there, it really depends on how much you're willing to buy. If you think your son will enjoy more of the story and adventure modes, you should buy him some additional Play Set packs. These include things like Cars, Toy Story, The Lone Ranger, etc. and those Play Set packs come with 2 figures to play with. Keep in mind that the Starter Pack already comes with 3 characters: Mr. Incredible, Sulley, and Captain Jack Sparrow... as well as 3 respective adventure modes based on: The Incredibles, Monsters University, and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Perhaps you could throw in a few power discs as a stocking stuffer. Power discs are by no means essential and are mostly a huge money-grab. I'd hit up eBay and buy discs there as opposed to buying endless amounts of packs in the stores. As for buying figures, that again depends on things like who his favorite characters are. Like for me, the Jack Skellington figure was a must have! But for him it could be different. Each character comes with their own unique challenge mini-game and their own set of abilities. However, not all of them can be played in the Play Sets -- they'll only in the Toy Box mode. Below, I've included a list of the currently released characters:

Captain Jack Sparrow
Captain Barbossa
Davy Jones
Mr. Incredible
Mrs. Incredible
Syndrome
Violet
Dash
Sulley
Mike
Randy Boggs
Lightning McQueen
Holley
Francesco
Mater
The Lone Ranger
Tonto
Buzz Lightyear
Jessie
Woody
Jack Skellington
Rapunzel
Wreck-It Ralph
Vanellope
Anna
Elsa
Crystal Sulley - TRU Exclusive
Crystal Mr. Incredible - TRU Exclusive
Crystal Lightning McQueen - TRU Exclusive
Crystal Buzz Lightyear - TRU Exclusive

And remember! Toys R Us (TRU) often has exclusive things (such as power disc packs, accessories, figures, etc.) you can only buy at their stores. I hope I've helped you out a bit. Good luck! :mickey:

Aurora
12-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the direction, Connoisseur! Sorry for the newbie questions, but what is the difference between the Play Sets and Toy Box mode? I just assumed that all the characters worked the same way.

Thanks again for your advice!

(BTW, these things are selling like hotcakes! I just got the last one at our local Target after searching desperately online and at various stores.)

Elias1901
12-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the direction, Connoisseur! Sorry for the newbie questions, but what is the difference between the Play Sets and Toy Box mode? I just assumed that all the characters worked the same way.

A Play Set is is basically an adventure/story mode based on the world of the movie they come from. Play Sets are activated by a game crystal that you place on the Disney Infinity base. These crystals come in Play Set packs. With the starter pack, you will have one Play Set game crystal which has the capability for 3 adventures based on The Incredibles, Monsters University, and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Now, think of Toy Box mode as a free, open-world environment where you can build whatever your imagination can come up with. From there, you can plop your characters into that world you've created and play around in it. It is really quite enjoyable for those with a creative side.

Just to clarify, you cannot cross characters into a specific Play Set world that they do not belong in. For example, Mr. Incredible could not play in The Lone Ranger Play Set... Mike Wazowski could not enter the Cars Play Set, etc. However, every character can play in the Toy Box mode.

Aurora
12-03-2013, 02:44 PM
A Play Set is is basically an adventure/story mode based on the world of the movie they come from. Play Sets are activated by a game crystal that you place on the Disney Infinity base. These crystals come in Play Set packs. With the starter pack, you will have one Play Set game crystal which has the capability for 3 adventures based on The Incredibles, Monsters University, and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Now, think of Toy Box mode as a free, open-world environment where you can build whatever your imagination can come up with. From there, you can plop your characters into that world you've created and play around in it. It is really quite enjoyable for those with a creative side.

Just to clarify, you cannot cross characters into a specific Play Set world that they do not belong in. For example, Mr. Incredible could not play in The Lone Ranger Play Set... Mike Wazowski could not enter the Cars Play Set, etc. However, every character can play in the Toy Box mode.

Ahhhh, that makes total sense! Thanks for the explanation. That sounds like such fun. I think my son would like the Toy Box mode since he's really into Minecraft too. The more I learn the more I fear we'll be dropping more money into this game world... :mickey:

Elias1901
12-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Ahhhh, that makes total sense! Thanks for the explanation. That sounds like such fun. I think my son would like the Toy Box mode since he's really into Minecraft too. The more I learn the more I fear we'll be dropping more money into this game world... :mickey:

That's always Disney's master plan. :twocents:

mom2mickeyfan
01-01-2014, 11:48 PM
Just bought a pack of power discs last night and managed to snag the "Sugar Rush - Skydome" disc that I was searching for... as well as a rare disc too, Abu the Elephant! I am putting that one up for trade too, as I already own it. That just leaves the Nemo piece! Here's my updated listings:

UP FOR TRADE

Mickey's Car (x1)
Cinderella's Coach (x4)
Khan the Horse (x1)
Stitch's Lasergun (x1)

SEARCHING FOR

I know this post is old but I was wondering if you had any of these left. I don't have very many and probably nothing you are needing but my son is really wanting the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster. Are any you have for sell?

Elias1901
01-02-2014, 10:52 AM
I know this post is old but I was wondering if you had any of these left. I don't have very many and probably nothing you are needing but my son is really wanting the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster. Are any you have for sell?

Sorry mom2mickeyfan, I was able to sell my entire collection I had previously posted here. However, I do have 3 new discs for sale, if you are at all interested. They are as listed below:

Emperor Zurg's Wrath - RARE!!
Frozen Flourish (Texture Set from the new Disney animated film, "Frozen")
Chill in the Air (Skydome from the new Disney animated film, "Frozen")

If your son is a big Buzz Lightyear fan, I'd suggest perhaps getting him the Emperor Zurg's Wrath power disc too. That is, if you don't already have it. It is a rare lenticular and was a Toys "R" Us exclusive disc.

mom2mickeyfan
01-02-2014, 09:54 PM
How much are you wanting for them?

Elias1901
01-03-2014, 10:27 AM
How much are you wanting for them?

A pack of 2 usually sells for $5.00, so perhaps half price ($2.50) for the regular discs and perhaps $4.00 for the rare disc? Depending on which you were interested in.

So, that'd be as follows:

Emperor Zurg's Wrath - RARE!! ~ $4.00
Frozen Flourish (Texture Set) ~ $2.50
Chill in the Air (Skydome) ~ $2.50

Let me know if that sounds okay. I think it is fair for what the discs are. Plus, it should be known that the "Frozen" themed power discs come in a bundle pack with the Anna and Elsa figures... so, if you're boy doesn't want to have princesses in his collection for whatever reason, he would be missing out of the snowy "Frozen" overlays for the Toy Box. Personally, next to the Grid themed skydome and terrain from "TRON: Legacy", the "Frozen" winter wonderland theming is my favorite. It is incredible in Toy Box!

mom2mickeyfan
01-04-2014, 11:11 AM
Thanks so much! We have 2 of those 3. Just one of the Frozen that we are missing. Any believe it or not, my DS does want the girl figures because he wants the ALL! :D

Elias1901
01-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Thanks so much! We have 2 of those 3. Just one of the Frozen that we are missing. Any believe it or not, my DS does want the girl figures because he wants the ALL! :D

Nice! Good luck to you guys! :thumbsup:

Aurora
02-06-2014, 11:07 AM
We bought the starter set for my son for Christmas and he loved it, until last week when the game suddenly stopped working on the Xbox. It seems there is something wrong with the disc. I've tried cleaning it and nothing works. There is an error message saying the disc cannot be read. It isn't cracked and just has very minor wear; nothing that affects any other game disc.

I wrote a message to Disney Interactive asking for help several days ago, and saw a "thank you" message on the screen after submitting the problem. Since then, I haven't received an email, phone call, nothing, not even acknowledging that the message was received. I can't find a customer service phone number anywhere on the website for this -- just a message form to fill out.

Of course since the game was working fine for a few weeks, we didn't save the box, so we can't return it to the store.

Really disappointed with this. We now own $70 worth of useless plastic.

Elias1901
02-06-2014, 04:15 PM
We bought the starter set for my son for Christmas and he loved it, until last week when the game suddenly stopped working on the Xbox. It seems there is something wrong with the disc. I've tried cleaning it and nothing works. There is an error message saying the disc cannot be read. It isn't cracked and just has very minor wear; nothing that affects any other game disc.

I wrote a message to Disney Interactive asking for help several days ago, and saw a "thank you" message on the screen after submitting the problem. Since then, I haven't received an email, phone call, nothing, not even acknowledging that the message was received. I can't find a customer service phone number anywhere on the website for this -- just a message form to fill out.

Of course since the game was working fine for a few weeks, we didn't save the box, so we can't return it to the store.

Really disappointed with this. We now own $70 worth of useless plastic.

Odd. This kind of thing usually doesn't happen. My copy of Disney Infinity works like a charm and I am a huge fan of the game! I had a faulty copy of Epic Mickey that was opened and I was able to just take it back to Best Buy where I bought it and explained the problem. They took the buggy copy and swapped it out for a new copy, no problem. Try calling custom service of wherever you bough Disney Infinity from and ask if you'd be able to trade in your copy with issues for a new one. Since it is a box set, they may ask for the figures and pad back too, that's understandable.

Otherwise, you could just call Disney directly...

Disney Interactive

500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank Centre, 20th Floor
Burbank, CA 91521-6380
United States

Phone: 1-800-228-0988
Fax: 1-818-846-0454
Support: 1-800-291-0480 <---- PROBABLY THIS!

Aurora
02-06-2014, 08:16 PM
THANK YOU! I'm going to try that phone number tomorrow. :party:

Elias1901
02-07-2014, 10:09 AM
THANK YOU! I'm going to try that phone number tomorrow. :party:

No problem. Good luck!

Patricia
02-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Aurora, were you able to get help with your problem?

Elias1901
02-18-2014, 11:29 AM
Aurora, were you able to get help with your problem?

Yes, I'm also curious about this! :)

Aurora
02-18-2014, 06:09 PM
I did get an email back asking me to clear our game console cache and then to install a patch after loading Infinity. However, since we can't load it off of the disc, I can't install the patch.

The email said if this doesn't work they can replace the disc but they need to make sure we've redeemed all our web codes to our Disney Infinity account to verify the purchase. I have no idea whether we did this or not and neither does my son. I did set up a Disney Infinity account while trying to load the game, but I don't think this is what they need, since I'm sure my son didn't use my email when setting up the game.

So my next step was to email them back with the account I set up, knowing it's probably not the one they need. I also don't have the box anymore with the 4-number factory date code ending in 13, which they need -- I just have the plastic container for the software disc. Since the game seemed to be working fine I didn't think I needed any of that anymore. However I did find a four-number code on the bottom of the base that ends in 13, so I sent that to them.

Waiting to hear back from them.

Elias1901
02-19-2014, 11:30 AM
Waiting to hear back from them.

Hopefully everything works out! They're usually quite good at setting things right.

Aurora
02-26-2014, 06:02 PM
So since I couldn't verify that we purchased the set because I no longer had the webcode or could access the game, this is what I ultimately had to do:

Take a photo of the set, with the characters, base, etc., and include the case number in the photo, for purchase verification, and email them the photo.

They received it and said they sent it to their product replacement team for a new disc.

Hopefully this will all work out! :party:

Elias1901
03-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Hopefully this will all work out! :party:

Did your issue get resolved?

Patricia
03-06-2014, 12:30 PM
I'm sure it will work out. I've had disks replaced, it's just time consuming with the back and forth.

One tip about Xbox is that if a disk is running in it, you shouldn't move the console.
At all.
It can ruin the disk, don't ask me how I know. :blush:

Aurora
03-06-2014, 01:01 PM
YES! Sorry for not updating! They sent a new disc and we got it a couple of days ago. It works great. My son is happy again.

No web code though, so I'm still clueless about all that. :blush:

Elias1901
03-07-2014, 10:11 AM
YES! Sorry for not updating! They sent a new disc and we got it a couple of days ago. It works great. My son is happy again.

Excellent! :thumbsup: