PDA

View Full Version : Christmas arrived at MK

Disney4us2
11-06-2013, 05:17 PM
On a quick visit to MK today. I saw that the Christmas decorations were up and the
Christmas music was playing. The big tree is not up yet and I didn't notice any lights on the castle. Even while waiting for the ferry back to the TTC, the Christmas music was playing

I was quite suprised as we saw the Halloween display from the Monorail on Sunday.

The holidays are upon us.:santa3:

Kenny1113
11-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Cool! We haven't been to WDW during Christmas season (well not since 2002). I can't wait to see the Christmas stuff :thumbsup:

faline
11-06-2013, 06:52 PM
I believe the tree in the Magic Kingdom does not go up until after the parade taping. I believe the lights are on the Castle though they may not yet be illuminated. The holidays change quickly at Disney World!

Fangorn
11-06-2013, 07:58 PM
The holidays change quickly at Disney World!

Indeed they do.

We were at Disneyland on Halloween - went to the Halloween party that night. Friday morning, Christmas decorations were on the castle (some, not all) and at various other places around Disneyland and California Adventure. Each day, more decorations showed up. As of Monday, when we left, there wasn't any Christmas music, but the change over to Christmas was well underway. The Christmas version of IASW opens on Friday (11/8). I suspect that's a target date to have most of the decorations up.

Steve

MickeysBestPal
11-06-2013, 08:26 PM
1- I believe the tree in the Magic Kingdom does not go up until after the parade taping.

2- I believe the lights are on the Castle though they may not yet be illuminated.

1- Correct. Not until some time during the first or second week of Dec.

2- They have been installed on the castle for several weeks.
The light sets (netting units) are carefully color-keyed to blend into the
castle facade during the day.

GoldenAurora
11-06-2013, 09:19 PM
How exciting! I'll be in WDW in 11 days and can't wait to see Christmas decorations!

Scrappy2
11-07-2013, 06:36 AM
The Christmas lights were on last night! Castle was beautiful.

Katzateer
11-07-2013, 08:09 AM
That would make sense the tree would not go up until parade taping is over- that is where all the cameras and lighting for the filming is located.

Hope we get to see it up- looking forward to seeing all the decorations!

minnie04
11-07-2013, 08:25 AM
I love the parks during the Holiday's (MK is my favorite) I love the feeling you get walking in the park with the decorations and music. :cloud9::mickey:

Susan A
11-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Poor Thanksgiving gets less attention every year. :fall:

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
11-07-2013, 09:30 AM
We are leaving this Saturday. I was hoping some decorations would be up. Three people in our travel group have never been there during the holiday season and I wanted to get the "wow" of it all.

MickeysBestPal
11-07-2013, 02:22 PM
That would make sense the tree would not go up until parade taping is over- that is where all the cameras and lighting for the filming is located.

Yes, but sadly the tree is a victim (like so many other things at WDW) of cutbacks.

The MK giant Christmas Tree USED to (for years) first be erected in the Castle Hub near the Plaza Ice Cream shop... in time for the first MVMCP in the early part of November.
Then, following the Christmas Parade TV production, the tree was moved (overnight) to its proper place in Town Square.

Now, they just don't bother to put the MK Christmas Tree up until the first or second week of December.

minnie04
11-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Poor Thanksgiving gets less attention every year. :fall:

That's so true :( although I love decorating for Thanksgiving at my house...love the colors of fall. I go all out at home and here in the office. I think it makes everyone feel blessed :mickey: