PDA

View Full Version : FP+ for all?

*NikkiJ*
11-06-2013, 11:20 AM
I thought FP+ was only being tested by Disney and handed out randomly...But it appears ALOT of people have it.

Is it availble for all?

How is it different than FP?

We used FP when we were at Disney years ago and liked it. But I am seeing FP+ can work for dining and shows...

Any and information provided would be helpful. We leave for Disney in a litte more than 2 months and I need to be as planned as possible.

FYI: This was a spontaneous trip for DH and I. We decided we need a couples only vacation-we never had a Honeymoon when we married 6 years ago so this is kind of like it. So, literally this trip has been only coming together in the last week or so.

Capt_redshirt
11-06-2013, 11:35 AM
How is it different than FP?
instead of a paper card you will have your FP+ loaded on to your magic bands or a plastic card. you get 3 FP+ a day (as of right now), they can be used for many of the rides character meets and parades. the parades they find a good spot for you to enjoy said parade. The dining you are seeing is a test they are conducting at Be Our Guest for lunch (QS). It doesn't count as part of the 3 FP+. Its their attempt to control the long long lines in front of the restaurant for lunch. I was there 2 weeks ago and could give you more detailed information if you want to send me a private message

PopPhan
11-06-2013, 02:31 PM
As Capt_redshirt said, FP+ limits the number of FP you can get for the day to 3 in one singular park in one business day. Not the best thing for Park Hoppers or those who would 'collect' FastPasses (get a new one at the first opportunity) Currently, the testing in EPCOT allows for one "E" ticket attraction and two "other" attractions. You cannot get multiple FP+ options for the same ride/attraction in the same day (at least that I have seen.)

As this is still in testing, things may change.

Make sure you have a My Disney Experience (MDE) account - This will use the same login ID that you have for any of the (actual) Disney sites. If you are within two months (60 days) of your visit, you should be able to customize your MagicBands and select your FP+ option for your visit.

Also, download the MDE app to your smartphone (if you have one) This will allow you to (attempt to) make any changes necessary on-the-fly. The information on MDE is the information that is connected to your MagicBand -- room, MYW tickets, FP+ options, CC info for charging to your room, etc.

vicster
11-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Is FastPass+ only for Disney resort guests?

Capt_redshirt
11-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Is FastPass+ only for Disney resort guests?

During testing it was .... to my understanding the moment they take FP off line FP+ will be available to everyone but we don't know the answer as to when that is

*NikkiJ*
11-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Thanks Pop! I have the MDE app for my iPad and we are still beyond the 60 day mark but I'll be sure to try it out come day 60 ;)

faline
11-06-2013, 06:54 PM
It seems they are still "testing". Not sure when the tests will be completed.

JerseyDad
11-06-2013, 07:00 PM
It seems they are still "testing". Not sure when the tests will be completed.

....when it crashes & burns like the Hindenburg did.

nqi2
11-07-2013, 10:45 AM
OK still confused about this. I have been researching all this. I am at my 60 out and nothing has become active. I have a package deal so my tickets, hotel resevations and dining reservations are all booked and linked together. So are the MagicBands something I have to purchase or will this be given to me when our packet arrive or when we check in at hotel. Also if I don't have my magic bands how to I select my FP+ selections. Can someone break this down?:confused:

Capt_redshirt
11-07-2013, 12:37 PM
OK still confused about this. I have been researching all this. I am at my 60 out and nothing has become active. I have a package deal so my tickets, hotel resevations and dining reservations are all booked and linked together. So are the MagicBands something I have to purchase or will this be given to me when our packet arrive or when we check in at hotel. Also if I don't have my magic bands how to I select my FP+ selections. Can someone break this down?:confused:

Magic bands are free you can customise them on MDE soon i would imagine ( mine was 37 days out so i dunno the right answer) if you dont customise them you will get a set of basic gray bands at your hotel the day you arrive. i know they keep saying 60 days out but nothing ive seen durring testing has indicated that you will be able to do all that then. you can always check to see if fp+ is available by going on MDE and seeing if you can access the site. that is how i found out we were eligible for the magic band test. if you have any questions or i didnt make sense send me a message or ask on here ill be sure to answer as best i can