PDA

View Full Version : QS restaurants at resorts?

Diznut
11-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Are there any QS eateries at the resorts that are worth driving to or taking the mono to? We'll have a car and are looking to expand our dining outside the parks/downtown but don't want to make a special trip unless it's something worth it. We're on the QS dining plan. Thanks in advance!

SBETigg
11-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Captain Cook's at the Polynesian is pretty good. I like the grown-up grilled cheese or Asian noodles and Dole Whip, plus you can enjoy the Polynesian atmosphere while there.

AK's Mara would also make a good stop. I think they have some African-inspired dishes as well as the regular QS offerings and some great cupcakes or zebra domes.

BeccaO
11-05-2013, 03:35 PM
I think Gasparilla Grill is nice at The Grand Floridian. They have totally renovated the inside and it is a really nice place to grab a bite to eat. They also have a wide variety of items on the menu, not just the typical mac and cheese, burgers and chicken nuggets that all of the QS locations have.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-05-2013, 08:26 PM
If you have a car, I think this is rather fun! We try and eat at a couple different places each trip. Our favourites include Captain Cook's at the Poly (good flatbread, noodles and Dole Whips for dessert), and Art of Animation (lots of different choices).

Pirate Granny
11-05-2013, 08:38 PM
I like the art of animation CS and also the one at riverside.

#1donaldfan
11-06-2013, 02:44 PM
The Riverside and FQ food courts are great !! I love the meatball sub at the FQ !!! :thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
11-07-2013, 08:35 AM
We enjoy the Pepper Mill at Coronado Springs Resort and worth the drive over. The operation there is a bit different than other QS venues. You are seated by a host/hostess and have a waiter/waitress who will bring you your beverages and explain how the stamped ticket system works. The only downside is they charge a 10% for this service. We have found that eating on real dishes, having the dirty dishes removed, being able to get your desserts after you have finished your entrees and having someone bringing you drink refills is well worth the out of pocket cost.

WDWCrazyKaren
11-07-2013, 03:31 PM
I'd hop on the monorail and head to Captain Cooks. The Poly is lovely, the food is great and a monorail ride is always pleasant.