PDA

View Full Version : 11 years of Disney Magic!

Terra
11-05-2013, 01:30 PM
I went to update my member page [because it had been awhile, and embarrassingly LONG time :blush:]

And didn't realize until just now that I have been a member here for 11 years! When I look back, That was just one year before my husband and I ran into each other again [we were college friends], and we started dating. So I've been here through the dating, engagement, marriage, kiddos, and now my growing kiddos as they look forward to the Magic!

Really no point to this post other than a thank you for letting me be a part of the community even though I've been a pain in the rump in the past!

And honestly, it took one of our own to help me open my eyes [even though I wasn't ready at the time ;)] to take the next step in life and pull myself back up [financially] and help my family! I put my Master's Degree to work, earned more certifications and am now the Director of our Pre-Kindergarten facility at the local Elementary School where I work [and teach] in addition to being the director.
AND my husband finally went back to teaching himself at a special needs school that boards their students!

So THANK YOU TO IAN!!! You rock :) Seriously, your words were tough but wise! :) And I truly appreciate it!

And now, we can enjoy Disney even more.

So here's to 11 years and hopefully more happy ones to come :)

:beer: <--My German Oktoberfest!!

brownie
11-05-2013, 05:50 PM
:thumbsup:

KylesMom
11-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Isn't it a wonderful thing to be a part of such a great community? I remember when I first found this site in 1999 - I had NO idea what I was doing, traveling with a 36 month old during the millennium celebration. I had only been to Disney once, on my 25th birthday on my honeymoon. So many life changes and the baby is now a young man - but one thing is still certain.... this is a great place with some truly great friends! :mickey:

Terra
11-05-2013, 09:50 PM
I first moved down here in 1999! I had been to Disneyland as a child [we lived in Santa Monica for a few years]. It was fun. I loved it. But I wasn't that addicted yet.

And I remember all these people talking about WDW and Mickey Mouse and I thought "I'll give it a whirl, but I just don't understand the fascination with Mickey Mouse."

Well I went and I was hooked! And have kept an AP ever since [except for the few years we had a rough financial patch]. My kids have been going since I was pregnant with them and each one was less than a month old on their first trip!:blush: We did 1st haircuts there too! HOOKED I tell ya!