PDA

View Full Version : Pre- Fast Pass+ How Many Fast Passes Did You Use?

AgentC
11-05-2013, 01:04 PM
This is not meant to be another thread on Fast Plus + and whether it is good or bad. I am really just curious to see how people used the old Fast Pass system.

For my family we don't use it very much. This might be because we go frequently. Looking at our last three trips, here was our usage.

Trip 1 (Late Sept) me alone at Epcot - None
Trip 2 (Mid Sept) Family - MK - Princess Fairytale Hall, Epcot- Test Track
Trip 3 (Columbus Day Weekend) Me & my husband - AK - Kali River Rapids

Looking back at other trips in most cases we use 2 or less per day though there have been days where we used as many as 5.

So how many do you use? And what time of year do you normally travel?

VWL Mom
11-05-2013, 01:40 PM
I chose 3 but those 3 were different than 3 FP+ IMO. When the 4 of us travel together Nov/Jun we would get 4 FP at the machine but the boys would ride some rides (SM, Tot, EE) 2X while DH and I sat out. The new system doesn't allow this.

AgentC
11-05-2013, 01:54 PM
I chose 3 but those 3 were different than 3 FP+ IMO. When the 4 of us travel together Nov/Jun we would get 4 FP at the machine but the boys would ride some rides (SM, Tot, EE) 2X while DH and I sat out. The new system doesn't allow this.

We have done that too in the past. We grab one for every ticket and then someone can go twice if someone wants to sit out. In April I got 4 for EE but no one in my family would ride so I used them to ride with friends who were also there. That wouldn't work under FP+.

faline
11-05-2013, 02:33 PM
We only used the old fast pass system when we needed to use it. By that, I mean, if the standby line were 20 minutes or less, we'd typically just get in that line. If the standby line was long, we'd grab a fast pass for the ride (if available). If we knew we were leaving the park early and the fast pass return time was for later in the day, we'd skip getting a fast pass (and going on that particular ride).

If we found one park to be too busy to our liking, we'd hop over to another where we might, or might not use the fast pass system there in the same way as described above.

There are times when we used multiple fast passes in a day; days when we used none or just a couple - it varied depending on crowds.

KylesMom
11-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Since its inception, my family and I have been huge fans of the FastPass System. We typically travel during peak summer season when standby lines can reach epic proportions. It's the only way we manage riding multiple times on our favorite attractions while catching the lesser big-draw attractions in between wait times. Over the years, we've come to plan and depend on FP to enhance our trips.

In fact, with the exception of ICOT15, I can't remember a time where I didn't have an active FP in hand in the park while they were still kicking out times.

minnie04
11-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Depending on the availability of them we would probably use about 3 passes in a day (x6 people). If we could get that many. It’s mostly the big kids that grab them up…:mickey:

amorillo
11-05-2013, 03:30 PM
It seems as if we have always been traveling with children.... they are now 18, 15, 6, & 4. We started traveling when the youngest set were 3 & 6 and the youngest have both been in WDW as infants.... So we have always taken advantage of the FP system. All the mountains in MK, the jungle cruise (which I love, but the stand-by times can often get out of hand) and buzz. Epcot would be a slow FP day... usually only Soarin' & TT. At Hollywood studios we almost always use FP for ToT, RnRc, the little mermaid show, & of course TSM. AK we'd get dinosaur, EE, and the safari. We're big on park hopping so it was nice to be able to hop to another park and grab a few FPs for rides that had long wait times. I hope this is something that they will change about the new FP+ system... it really stinks that you can only get FPs in one park per day.... almost like they are punishing the people who are spending EXTRA money to park hop! :confused:

We don't really stick to a certain time of year... we've done spring, fall, and winter trips.

Ms. Mode
11-05-2013, 04:39 PM
I went with the 6+ because all but one trip has been with our DD who runs our legs off! However, when it's was just DH and me used about 4-5 per day. (Still, I guess that's a lot) We also Park Hop and I'm not sure what I think of the new FP+ yet.

joonyer
11-05-2013, 04:54 PM
We are park commandos, and usually visiting multiple parks per day, so FastPasses were a must for us. Usually at least 3-4 per park and 2 parks per day.
I have a feeling we'll have to change our attack strategy with the new FP+ system, but maybe that's OK, we're getting older now and slowing down, in spite of my best efforts to remain a teenager.

MrPeetrie
11-05-2013, 05:07 PM
I chose 2 because we have little children and we have to work them in around naps, snacks, and trips to Baby Care Centers.

Usually, at Magic Kingdom we'll use more. Always FastPass Peter Pan. Little DS(now 3) cannot wait in that standby line. Too long. Too little to do.

Sometimes we'll FastPass Splash Mountain. Sometimes Space Mountain. Never thought one was needed at Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean. (Note: we always go late September or early October.) Usually, we can work our way around this park with no more than 3 FastPasses a day.

Epcot, Soarin' only. Lines seem to be manageable everywhere else. (Test Track was closed on both our last trips.)

Hollywood Studios, we have only arrived early enough for Toy Story Midway Mania FastPasses once. Always for Rock n Rollercoaster. Possibly Tower of Terror. Possibly Star Wars 2.0. On last trip, they weren't needed.

At Animal Kingdom, we sometimes use one for Kilimanjaro Safari while we eat breakfast. We also have used them at both Expedition: Everest and Kali, but not all the time. (On last trip in September 2012, we got off E:E, got in line, and got right back on. We did that on both visits to AK.)

We certainly don't abuse FastPasses. I think I will miss it.

mechanic
11-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Too much walking back and forth. Machines should have always been centralized.

Lizzie
11-05-2013, 06:42 PM
I would say 6 but we get there at opening. I would get them all for our family. They would usually be good soon. And before we used them we would get more as soon as the time for the first were up. And I am a fast walker so I would go get them for the whole group while the kids were going to the bathrooms and or getting snacks. We would always have a fast pass for the next attraction.

But we avoid peak times so the times were not to far off.

Sylvia
11-05-2013, 09:37 PM
I voted 1, but only because my actually answer (zero) isn't available. My family and I have never worried about how many rides/attractions we have to fit in a vacation. Over the years, we may have used 2 FPs only one time.

mickclub1955
11-06-2013, 10:02 AM
It really depends on how busy the parks are for us. I usually do all of the running and getting fastpasses for everyone. Kind of wish they were in a centralized location to begin with. That would have been a great improvement.

AgentC
11-06-2013, 12:12 PM
I'm finding this very interesting. As of right now we are almost evenly split. 52% get 3 or less. 47% get 4 or more.

I can definitely see how FP+ is a huge change for those of you who regularly get 4 or more.

Nascfan
11-06-2013, 04:20 PM
I put in two, it's usually one or two for us. We beat most lines by being rope-drop people.

#1donaldfan
11-07-2013, 11:38 AM
I chose 4 to 6 a day. Before they really enforced the return times we'd plan our rotations around FP times. When it was time for another, we'd get it for use later in the day. We'd sometimes leave a park, go rest and swim, come back and use the FP's at night. But, that was way before they checked and enforced return times. It was a great system for us. :cool:

LVT
11-07-2013, 01:18 PM
We planned around the fastpasses and did park hopping. We had youth to "run".

spoiledraf
11-08-2013, 11:35 AM
We are empty nesters. We go for a "vacation" so running from ride to ride is not part of the plan. While DW is not a fan of any thrill rides, we do have a few attractions we enjoy and FP makes it more a more leisure visit. We have had days where we would only ridea couple rides in a day. But then we are also sit down breakfast, lunch and signature restaurant dinner visitors. So the new fast pass is right up our alley. We can schedule ADRs and meal times and know well in advance where and when we have commitments. The rest of the time we just wander and enjoy the atmosphere. :mickey:

PirateLover
11-08-2013, 11:54 AM
I went with 6+ although I'd say we averaged around 6.We are park hoppers. There have been many times during peak season trips where we would hit up Studios in the morning, plot out our FPs to get TSM, TOT, and RnR, then head to another park like MK and have plenty of time left to get FPs for Space, Splash, BTMRR, and/or Buzz if needed, just for example. We were ones who always maximized the system and were rarely without a FP in hand. It's weird to have to talk about that in the past tense.

PirateLover
11-08-2013, 11:59 AM
I chose 4 to 6 a day. Before they really enforced the return times we'd plan our rotations around FP times. When it was time for another, we'd get it for use later in the day. We'd sometimes leave a park, go rest and swim, come back and use the FP's at night. But, that was way before they checked and enforced return times. It was a great system for us. :cool:

Yeah, for our first few trips we did not know they would accept them later. When we found out, we did use that to our advantage.

Aurora
11-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Totally depends on the park. MK -- 4 to 6. Others probably 3 or less. I don't think we've ever used more than 6 FPs in one day, because if it was physically possible for us to do that many, the lines probably weren't long enough to really need them anyway.

We ALWAYS FP the following in MK, usually in this order:
Peter Pan
Winnie the Pooh
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
We sometimes FP the following, in this order:
Jungle Cruise
Buzz Lightyear

Epcot: We try to FP Soarin' and Test Track but don't always make it to that park in time to get them. We've split up for the single-rider line for Test Track and it worked out great. I will forego riding Soarin' if I don't have a FP. We waited for that ride once for over 100 minutes because of the line being held up for FP users (even when there weren't any people in the FP line). Never again. We don't bother with FPs for any other rides at Epcot.

DHS: TSMM, no point in trying to ride without a FP, so we get there at opening and join the roundup to the FP machines. We always get FPs for ToT and RnRC. I like the queue for Star Wars so we'll do standby for that one.

DAK: FPs for Kali River Rapids and Kilimanjaro Safaris. We like the EE queue so we'll do standby here.

All this will go out the window on our next trip, I think. Lots more planning to try to minimize our waits with FP+.