PDA

View Full Version : Just cancelled :(

minnie04
11-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Well, we all decided to cancel this up coming weekend. I really hate to miss out on a trip, but the last trip wasn't that great as far as parks went. We always have a nice time in Orlando (anything beats sitting at home for a long weekend), but with the lines and no way of getting fast passes. The waits for rides are way too long on a Holiday weekend. I do enjoy just being in the parks, but the kids would rather be ridding so we're out!!!

Ms. Mode
11-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Sorry to hear you had to cancel. Even with AP you should be able to get up to 3 FP when you go to the parks though. I'm hoping that eventually all the restricted FP will make the standby line go much faster! :thumbsup:

minnie04
11-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Ms Mode, how do you get 3 FP at the park?

Strmchsr
11-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Ms Mode, how do you get 3 FP at the park?

There are now central kiosks set up in all the parks where you can select your 3 FP+ selections.

minnie04
11-05-2013, 12:38 PM
REALLY!! I had no idea :confused: we could do this. Oh man I wish I had know this during the last trip and this one before we cancelled.. Thanks for the info. I will have to remember this for our March trip..:mickey:

Wait... are they different from the regular fast pass kiosk?

PopPhan
11-05-2013, 12:47 PM
I might be wrong about this, but unless you already have MagicBands, you should be able to get just as many FastPasses as your heart desires. I didn't think the "old style" FastPasses had gone away yet.

Strmchsr
11-05-2013, 12:49 PM
I didn't think the "old style" FastPasses had gone away yet.

Not quite yet, but that is imminent. In fact, it was supposed to happen Oct 27, but that's been delayed, but we don't know for how long.

minnie04
11-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Ok i'm alittle :confused: I knew we could get FP's with our AP ticket (like everyone else with tickets), but are you saying I could go to a certain place in the park and get FP's with my AP ticket that won't be sold out by 9:00am. and possible get on a few rides.

VWL Mom
11-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Yes, they have put FP+ kiosks in the parks. I also read that if you link your AP to your MDE account you would be able to pick via smartphone once you are inside the park.

minnie04
11-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Great!! Thanks, I'm going to try this. When we go again. Now, I might have to book a quick trip before Xmas...DH is going to love this..lol He thought he was off the hook on Disney Trips this year..:mickey: :D

MizMissy
11-05-2013, 02:49 PM
There are now central kiosks set up in all the parks where you can select your 3 FP+ selections.

I thought you had to have a Magic Band to access FP+ and that only guests invited to test (or maybe now all on property guests) had Magic Bands? I did not think FP+ was available to all day guests (AP or not).

Strmchsr
11-05-2013, 03:06 PM
I thought you had to have a Magic Band to access FP+ and that only guests invited to test (or maybe now all on property guests) had Magic Bands? I did not think FP+ was available to all day guests (AP or not).

MagicBands have now rolled out for all resort guests as of the end of October. Not sure about switching your AP over to a MagicBand

NJGIRL
11-06-2013, 10:32 AM
Getting a fast pass the day that you are in the park was impossible when we were there two weeks ago. At EPCOT & Disney Studios they were gone by 9:30 / 10:00 in the morning.

The days of getting a fast pass the day you are there after 10 in the morning are gone.

AgentC
11-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Getting a fast pass the day that you are in the park was impossible when we were there two weeks ago. At EPCOT & Disney Studios they were gone by 9:30 / 10:00 in the morning.

The days of getting a fast pass the day you are there after 10 in the morning are gone.

This does seem to be very specific to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. I think the FP+ is just aggravating the real problem at those two parks which is a lack of attractions people want to ride. I've been to the DHS many times when TSMM fast passes were gone by 10. We don't usually go there if we can't be there for park open.

When I checked now (at 12:30) FP are only gone at Test Track, Soarin and TSMM.

Hopefully they will add to DHS and that will eventually solve the problem there, but I think Epcot is going to be a problem for a long time.

badkitty
11-06-2013, 06:32 PM
This weekend (Nov 8 & 9) is the Wine & Dine half marathon so that will bring in a big of a crowd. The race is on Saturday night. This may be why the MVMCP is reported as sold out for opening night?

Strmchsr
11-06-2013, 08:46 PM
This may be why the MVMCP is reported as sold out for opening night?

MVMCP often sells out on opening night. However, I think the parks, in general, are just a lot more crowded. There were a number of MNSSHP that sold out this year that normally don't. I couldn't believe the number of parties that sold out, so it may be starting the same thing with the MVMCP.