PDA

View Full Version : Magicbands ? For DVC,AP

iamaDnut
11-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Hi Everyone, been off the board for a wile
We will be staying at (BLT) in Jan.
We are DVC members with AP's, Will we be getting magicbands for our stay ???? Because we did not get them for our stay at (BWV) in Sept.
Thanks All :mickey:

pox24
11-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Not sure if they are available to all,we got ours by invitation for testing prior to the full implentation some time next year.

VWL Mom
11-05-2013, 01:45 PM
You should have them for January. I think BLT was added in mid September. Be sure to have everything linked on your MDE account and keep checking there.

TheDuckRocks
11-06-2013, 10:38 AM
We are just back from a stay at AKV. I had pre-linked everything (annual pass, room reservation, ADRs, FastPass + choices, pin numbers,advanced room check in) on My Disney Experience over the internet at home. Then ordered my wrist bands, which were mailed to us, so we had them when we checked in at AKV. I also linked my smart phone MDE app by just a simple sign-on. Everything went so much better than I had thought possible. We only had a few minor bumps along the way. Over all I couldn't be more pleased with this whole new system. Kudos to Disney!

phlo8810
11-11-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm going to bwv in April. I have no clue about these magic bands. Do I sign up for them or are they automatically sent to me? What about fastpass+? I plan and setup trips for so many people and recently I've been stumped on what to tell them about this new stuff. Can dvc members even use them.

Disney4us2
11-11-2013, 07:23 PM
I'm going to bwv in April. I have no clue about these magic bands. Do I sign up for them or are they automatically sent to me? What about fastpass+? I plan and setup trips for so many people and recently I've been stumped on what to tell them about this new stuff. Can dvc members even use them.

I just got our magic bands. We will be at AKL on 12/4. Don't know if they can link our AP's to the magic band. We can use it for the room and charging though. For us it is not critical, we will only be there for one night, for DD's birthday. Still trying to figure out the fp+

VWL Mom
11-11-2013, 07:29 PM
I just got our magic bands. We will be at AKL on 12/4. Don't know if they can link our AP's to the magic band. We can use it for the room and charging though. For us it is not critical, we will only be there for one night, for DD's birthday. Still trying to figure out the fp+

Marci, I was able to link my AP to my Magic Band last week and make FP+ selections. Went a lot smoother than I expected.

phlo8810
11-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Do they just send them to you automatically? Or do I have to request them?

VWL Mom
11-13-2013, 06:11 AM
Do they just send them to you automatically? Or do I have to request them?

You will need to go in and set them up. If your not familiar with it, go to the Disney site and you will see MyDisneyExperience on the right hand side. If you have a Disney sign in on any Disney site you can sign in there.

IF you DVC res shows up automatically you can begin to link you ticket numbers and customize your magic band (not sure how far in advance you can pick your colors). You may need to link your DVC res but you'll see the "how to" right there. At 60 days out you can make your FP+ selections.

DVCJohn
11-13-2013, 02:41 PM
I would suggest after you receive your Magic Bands to check and make sure that ALL of your reservations and tickets are linked. I received the Magic Bands yesterday for our next trip. Just to be sure I check and saw that my Father's AP that I had linked to his band 2 weeks ago was not listed. I called WDW Reservations and had it corrected.

Disney4us2
11-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Marci, I was able to link my AP to my Magic Band last week and make FP+ selections. Went a lot smoother than I expected.

Lynn, I was able to link up our passes. Wasn't sure if it would since they are the Premier passes (WDW/DL) and not just WDW passes. I was even able to get my FP+ fastpasses as well. Now to try and change some of the times. I just wish they would stay activated beyond our one night DVC stay.

JMTStone
11-14-2013, 02:03 PM

I linked my APs to my reservation online using My Disney Experience and when the 60 day mark hit, they offered me the magic band and FP+ experiences.

I'm with VWL Mom, it went much smoother than expected. The problem was choosing the colors. We have to save the green for our DD11 because she'll be going with us in July but we are going couple only in January for #runICOT.

xwdpuzzler
11-24-2013, 08:39 AM
How long did it take to get the bands after things are set up. I talked to Disney the other day and they said that I could sign up and when I got my tickets to link them but I forgot to ask when you get the bands after signing up. The lady also told me that I could redirect where I get the bands since as pickup at the resort instead of them coming to my house. I just to know the mailing time.

We are going to be at SS the week of Christmas.

Thanks for any responses.

VWL Mom
11-24-2013, 08:58 AM
There should be a date in MDE that says last day to customize. I was told they are sent out right after that and usually UPS or FedEx.

xwdpuzzler
11-24-2013, 09:04 AM
The invite said the last day was the 12th of December which is about a week before I go. I usually have my mail stopped and I didn't want to miss them. I am going to link before the 12th just to make sure. I haven't bought my park tickets yet but the person on the phone indicated I can do this at a later time. I am so excited!!!!!

Thanks for your response!

JMTStone
11-24-2013, 10:28 AM
i've heard they send them priority shipment.

TheDuckRocks
11-25-2013, 08:42 AM
We received ours in 3 days!:D