PDA

View Full Version : FastPass+ Problems

savafan
11-01-2013, 12:14 AM
Has anyone else experienced difficulty with the FastPass+ booking system online?

My wife and I just booked our Disney trip, and then looked at the FastPass+ options. Not sure what we were doing, we accidentally let the system schedule us for passes in AK, which isn't even a park we were planning on visiting.

When we tried to cancel, it worked for our son, but now it's showing him as ineligible for FastPass+. My wife and I show the passes still on our itinerary, even though we canceled them. They also show up in our My Disney Experience, but there's no option to cancel or change.

Obviously, we don't want to be locked in to having to go to a park we weren't planning on visiting, or not being able to get passes in the parks we do want to visit. Has anyone else had similar problems?

Kerry823
11-01-2013, 01:16 AM
Rumor has it that it takes 24 hours to process changes. I am in Disney now and a person in line with us had to show her phone at the FP line because the changes she made on her phone didn't register on her magic bands. A ride attendant summoned a manager who I heard tellever It takes 24 hours to update and to just show her phone at the FP stand. Sounds counter productive if this is true! I thought it might just be a way the managers trying to blow it off and make the guest happy.

MickeysBestPal
11-01-2013, 07:23 AM
Suffice it to say that there are many, many guests who are experiencing a laundry list of problems with extremely glitchy, hard to use and unreliable (unpredictable) FP+ and MDE software.

Aurora
11-01-2013, 08:18 AM
Wow... "Just show your phone" is really not an acceptable solution. :shake:

Butters
11-01-2013, 09:26 AM
In September I would add fastasses on my phone while standing right outside of the attraction. I would jump in line within minutes of the change and had no issues with my band recognizing the change.

Donald Duck
11-01-2013, 09:38 AM
I had the same problems when I booked my FP+ reservations about a week ago.

You have to go back check each resv after you make it to make sure it made it for everyone in your party.

I always selected the entire party but sometimes it would only book half of our party.

I also noticed there was a day delay on some of the changes I made. At one point it showed 5 FP+ resv for one day. For 2 of them it had the old Fp+ and the new FP+.

I'm going Christmas week and I'm starting to
worry that the bugs won't be fixed by then.
I don't want to wait a long time for a ride I have a FP+ resv for.

DANAM
11-01-2013, 05:13 PM
So many issues with fastpass+. Every day at least one person in my party was ineligable. Honestly this system is a total pain. I havent even made my picks for 2 days because I didnt have an hour to wait on the system to load and get everyone in my party the same 3 picks. I much rather run around the park and collect the old fastpasses.

Donald Duck
11-01-2013, 05:52 PM
So many issues with fastpass+.
I much rather run around the park and collect the old fastpasses.

Me too.
They must have spent a fortune on this new system.
They could have used that money to fix up
some of he rides or build new ones.

Middle of the Map
11-05-2013, 12:51 AM
They must have spent a fortune on this new system.
They could have used that money to fix up
some of he rides or build new ones.

You got that right. Especially the "fix up" part.
I've noticed that the upkeep in the parks is not what it used to be.

ginny57
11-05-2013, 06:13 AM
I used the + system during my 9/30-10/5 visit and it worked like a charm. Not feeling warm and fuzzy about my upcoming 11/7 trip though. Made all of my + selections weeks ago - checked them regularly - and yesterday when I went to look they were gone along with my hotel reservation!

Makes no sense at all!

I'm not a happy camper :(